Author Topic: Victory Memorial Park Surrey B.C.  (Read 7904 times)

Online carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Victory Memorial Park Surrey B.C.
« on: Saturday 15 September 07 11:15 BST (UK) »
I have just finished sending Headstone photo's to a Rootschatter not living in NZ and thought i would put in a request of my own and see if someone can help me.

Looking for a photo of the  grave of my 1st Cousin 2x removed and her husband.

Meggy Fletcher b 5 Dec 1902 England. d Oct 9 1967 aged 64  Burial took place on Oct 12 1967 at Victory Memorial Park Surrey B.C
John Alfred Fletcher b 5 June 1892 England d 9 Dec 1966 aged 74 Buried at Victory Memorial Park Surrey B.C.

I have an old post asking for the same info but i can not find it so am reposting.

Hoping someone can help.

Regards

Carol

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Memorial Park Surrey B.C.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 September 07 11:45 BST (UK) »
There is another topic at:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,249310.0.html

concerning the same cemetery.  It may not appear that way from the title of the topic but if you read it through they are in the end talking about the same cemetery.

As you will read a member of rootschat has offered to vist and take pictures for someone and it is possible that she may be willing to also take pictures for you while she is there.

Good luck !!!

dollylee

Online carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 September 07 00:47 BST (UK) »
Just read the other post. Another family member is there to.
Thomas Stonehouse b 19 Feb 1899 England. d 23 Jul 1963 Buried 29 July 1963 at Veteran's Memorial Park B.C
Thomas is the brother of Maggie.

Carol

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
and many more.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
  • John - James William & Peter Elmer Sabiston
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 September 07 06:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I replied to you off post so contact me when you can and give me the information and I will locate your relatives and take pictures for you.

Thanks Dollylee for pointing her in my direction...

Spanish Eyes
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

I Live In Aldergrove, BC, Canada (Outskirts Of Vancouver).

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 September 07 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Spanish_Eyes

I was amazed when I read carol80's post and realized that it was the same cemetery I had just read about the day before.  Of course it took reading the whole post and all the terrific information you had included to realize it was the same cemetery. 

I thinks it's great that you are willing to take the pictures!!!  I hope you hear back from carol80.  Maybe you could let us know if you are successful....we all like to hear good news :)

dollylee

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 September 07 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hi dollylee

Carol emailed me and asked for assistance and supplied me with her personal email address so once I locate her relatives grave sites I will go down and take some pictures for her.

After all the help JJ and a few gave me when I started on here, I am very happy to help out if and when I can.

I haven't heard back from Jamjar from the original cemetery post yet but maybe she is on holidays. It is funny that she started out with a cemetery in Burnaby and ended up over in Surrey at Victory. I think she was right, her relatives were camera shy and hiding.

Spanish Eyes
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 September 07 00:18 BST (UK) »
Success...... I located all 3 of them and the pictures are already emailed to Carol.

Not only that, I mentioned to the office that the grave sites for John and Meggy were sunken and there was a pile of small stones all over the place. While I was cleaning up the sites to take pictures a worker came along and excused himself and informed me that they would be cleaning up their grave sites, adding more soil and seeding it.

I like happy endings......

Spanish Eyes

Online carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 September 07 00:32 BST (UK) »
And so do I.  ;D

Many Many Many Thanks  :-*  :-*  :-*

The pictures are fantastic  ;D
I have just e-mailed them to my Mum.

Once again Thank you Thank you
And a Thank you to Dollylee for sending me to the right person.

I am speechless.  :'(
Did i say Thank you

Carol

and many more.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 September 07 01:44 BST (UK) »
You are very very very welcome, I am glad I made your day.

Once they level and clean up the grave sites it will look very nice. I will have to make a stop every once in a while to see how they are being taken care of.

Spanish Eyes