Author Topic: Ayling  (Read 2967 times)

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ayling
« on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Does anyone have any info on William Ayling around Chichester. Father was George and mother Mary Iracis?
Thank you
Drinkwater, Price, Beckley, Ayling. Other side of family yet to begin is Macey born Portsmouth sister Peggy. David Collier. Plus family Brownsword.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
Re: Ayling
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:23 BST (UK) »

Hello diannebb and welcome to Rootschat, especially the Sussex Boards  :D

I'm sure we'd all love to help but could you be a bit more specific in the information you require?

For example if you'd like census lookups dates of birth for William and or his parents would be usefull.

Suey

All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you. All I have is that William Ayling is my GG grandfather. He worked his passage to Australia from the Isle of White. Father is George and mother is Mary Iracis? My g grandmother was born in Victoria in 1888 so he was in Oz by then!
Drinkwater, Price, Beckley, Ayling. Other side of family yet to begin is Macey born Portsmouth sister Peggy. David Collier. Plus family Brownsword.

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi diannebb

Do you have any idea when he was born, and why you think he comes from Sussex ??? ???

regards

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:46 BST (UK) »
Info is from G Grandmother's mouth who lived to be 101! This is all I have. I looked up 'Chichester' on google map and it had it in Sussex.

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:48 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

I suppose thats one way of doing it ;)

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 16 September 07 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi dinnaebb

Its a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack, there are about 170 William Aylings born Sussex.

Only one on the 1881 census and he was born 1880 with parents George and Mary, and this one is still there in 1891

None on the 1871 that I can see with parents George and Mary.

Perhaps someone can do better

regards

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 16 September 07 22:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking for me. Perhaps someone could help with passenger lists of William Ayling? He married Emma Price born Oxfordshire 1849. She sailed to Oz in mid 1850's aged 6.
Di

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 16 September 07 22:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking for me. Perhaps someone could help with passenger lists of William Ayling? He married Emma Price born Oxfordshire 1849. She sailed to Oz in mid 1850's aged 6.
Di