Author Topic: Price, Drinkwater, Beckley  (Read 1301 times)

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Price, Drinkwater, Beckley
« on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm researching Price (Emma), Drinkwater (Jane) and Beckley (Sarah). Records are all around Islip area. Would love any info! Thanks Di
Drinkwater, Price, Beckley, Ayling. Other side of family yet to begin is Macey born Portsmouth sister Peggy. David Collier. Plus family Brownsword.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Price, Drinkwater, Beckley
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianne  ;D

You do really need to give us some more information if you would like Lookups done!

Dates of birth - even approx
Are these married or maiden names?
What information do you already have (Census, BDM etc)

What specific information are you wanting to look for?

Kind regards
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I'm new to this. Emma Price  (nee Drinkwater) married Richard. Emma's mother is Jane Drinkwater born 1821 Islip. Jane's father is William born 1778-1790?? Mother was Sarah Beckley born 1780-1790??

I am interested in dates of birth, deaths and marriages of these people including the Richard Price family who are also from Islip. I would love address of anywhere they lived in area. Thanks Di
Drinkwater, Price, Beckley, Ayling. Other side of family yet to begin is Macey born Portsmouth sister Peggy. David Collier. Plus family Brownsword.

Offline diannebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 September 07 21:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry a little error. Emma Price is the daughter of the marriage between Jane Drinkwater and Richard Price. They emmigrated  to Oz and had other children: Joseph,George,Hannah, Sarah, William, Richard, James, Charles, Hugh, Mary, Henry and Frederick.

Offline Pennie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 September 07 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianne ...

You're in luck - the Islip parish registers are included on the IGI (International Genealogical Index )!

You said that you're a "newbie", so this is what you do (my apologies if you already know this).

Go to www.familysearch.org, click on "Search", then "International Genealogical Index".

Fill in one of the following batch numbers in the box indicated (near the bottom of the page):

J131511 - Baptisms 1590/1813
K131511 - Baptisms 1590/1813
C131512 - Baptisms 1813/1875
M131511 - Marriages 1590/1817
M131512 - Marriages 1813/1885

plus name and any other information you have, and see what comes up!  (I'm not being unhelpful, but it really is more fun if you have a look for yourself!)

See how you get on ... then get back to us for some more help.

Pennie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www. nationalarchives.gov.uk.