Author Topic: Looking for JACOBSON and WARKE family's  (Read 9424 times)

Offline brunyisland2010

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for JACOBSON and WARKE family's
« Reply #27 on: Monday 07 January 19 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Simon
I did quite a lot of research on the Vaughan family a few years ago - see my replies 21 and 23 in 2010. I am away from my PC for a few days but will get back to you later this week when I get a chance to check what I have.
cheers
Jenny

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 07 January 19 01:41 GMT (UK) »
1958 13667 VAUGHAN Charles Seymour parent’s VAUGHAN Richard and Elizabeth (Friggins) Place of birth: WILLIAMSTOWN Place of death: FOOTSCRAY Age: 80

Marriage:

1902 7452 VAUGHAN Chas Seymour to JACOBSON Margueritta Helena

This couple had a Charles Seymour and there are 4 marriages - 1902, 1928, 1932 and 1948 - for Charles Seymour VAUGHAN. They could be shared between father and son.

Death:

17213 1978 VAUGHAN Helene Margueretha parents JACOBSON Johann and Mary Ann (Warke) Place of birth: Goldsborough Place of death: Heidelberg Age: 98

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline SimonDu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 07 January 19 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Simon
I did quite a lot of research on the Vaughan family a few years ago - see my replies 21 and 23 in 2010. I am away from my PC for a few days but will get back to you later this week when I get a chance to check what I have.
cheers
Jenny
Thanks Jenny - love to tap into yours too. Jamjar is helping me get to some of what I need already but any more hints would be great

Offline SimonDu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 07 January 19 01:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Jamjar.

So looks like Richard Harry Vaughan must be the one who drowned at sea since there is no record of his death.

What an interesting coincidence (?) that Charles Seymour Vaughan married a Margueritta Helena Jacobson nine years before his brother George W. married Letitia Jacobson. Or were Margueritta and Letitia related? So no coincidence...

So if George W. had no children; and Richard Harry died at sea (unmarried?)...

Maybe the only offspring from that generation would be Charles Seymour Vaughan and any children of Elizabeth Mabel? And did Charles Seymour Vaughan have children?

Maybe I can wait and see if Brunyisland can help with more info on the Vaughan family from her research

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 07 January 19 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Simon, I’m just going through VICBDM. It’s free to search.

Children of Charles Snr:

1903 25639 VAUGHAN Wilfred Arth Richd
Death: 1983 26573 Heidelberg West aged 80

1904 25761 VAUGHAN Chas Seymour
Death: 1987 1034 Box Hill aged 82
Springvale Botanical Cemetery Vaughan Charles Seymour Cremated
Garden of No Distant Place, March, Date 25 - Date of Service: 9 January 1987

1911 28603 VAUGHAN Mariese Helene
Marriage: 1939 14868 VAUGHAN Mariese Helene to GORDON Colin Joseph   
Buried with husband: Footscray Cemetery Roman Catholic FO-RC*D 1989
GORDON Mariese Helene Aged 84
GORDON Colin Joseph Aged 80

1914 22078 VAUGHAN Sylvester Geo Washington
Marriage: 1938 6238 VAUGHAN Sylvester Geo to CAVE Ellen Winifred
Death: 5980 1980 Parkville aged 65
Buried with wife: Altona Memorial Park [A] Floral Lawn AL-FL*C*DD**28
VAUGHAN Sylvester George 14-3-1980 Aged 65
Vaughan Ellen Winifred DOB 5-3-1917 DOD 28-11-2015 Aged 98

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 07 January 19 03:10 GMT (UK) »
I don’t believe in coincidences.

Engagement notice for George and Letitia, 2nd column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article175610041

Marriage notice for George and Letitia, bottom of 5th column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article73478394

1882 2043 JACOBSON Letitia Mary parents Johan and May Ann (Warke)

Margueritta Helena and Letitia were sisters  ;).

Jamjar

Offline brunyisland2010

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 07 January 19 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Simon
I have some Vaughan family history on my laptop so I am just working through it to refresh my memory. Here is the death notice for the father of Letitia and her sister Margueritta Helena known as Helena and Nell (Mrs C S Vaughan).
The Argus
Deaths
Thursday 9 July 1925
JACOBSON - On the 8th July (after a brief illness), at his residence, Oakwood, Geelong road, West Footscray, Johann Nicholas, the dearly beloved husband of Mary Ann, loving father of Lena (Mrs. A. E. Ellens), Nance (Mrs. E. A. Povah, deceased), Nell (Mrs C S Vaughan), Nicholas (deceased), Letitia (Mrs. G Vaughan), Alex, and Syl, also 12 grandchildren to mourn his loss; in his 80th year. A native of Denmark, and a colonist of 60 years.
Loved and respected by all.
cheers
Jenny

Offline SimonDu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 07 January 19 03:43 GMT (UK) »
Great information, both of you. How lovely that the two brothers met the two sisters. The kind of thing period dramas are made of!

I got interested because of the old RT Vaughan (father-in-law of the Jacobson girls since they both married his sons) whose grave I visited yesterday but the grave has no headstone, which seems rather tragic. I wanted to see if there are any living relatives close enough related to be interested.

So I'll be searching next for the grandchildren of Charles Seymour Vaughan since some of them may just be alive still today

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 07 January 19 03:49 GMT (UK) »
So I'll be searching next for the grandchildren of Charles Seymour Vaughan since some of them may just be alive still today

Simon, please note that Rootschat policy prevents us from posting names of, or assisting with a search of those who may still be living.

Jamjar