Author Topic: Foulden/Mordington  (Read 34683 times)

Offline CL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Foulden/Mordington
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 03:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Thank you for this. Could you please look up the surname Landells?

Cheers,

Cory.

Offline cavvytri

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cory, Lots of Landells and variants so I will give you them all just in case...here goes...

To the memory of JENNET LANDELLS who died 19.2.1773 aged 7 years 10 months daughter to William Landells tennant in Whitecross also of Elizabeth who died 15.3.1785 aged 19 years also William Landells father of the above children and late tenant of Whitecross who died 26.3.1811 aged 81 years.

In memory of William son of William Landell of Swinton Greenriggs who died 18.6.1834 in infancy also of Janet LAW his wife who died 12.6.1839 in her 32nd year also of William LANDELL farmer Coldingham Fleurs who died 19.7.1846 aged 54 years also John LAndell their son who died 27.5.1859 aged 23 years interred in Humbie churchyard also of Robert Landell their son who died at Kingston, Jamaica on 1.4.1866 in his 28th year also of Isabella Landell their daughter who died at Dalkeith 2.5.1867 in her 30th year. (REVERSE) On the reverse there is a difficult to read inscription for a William Landell and his wife Isabella Mason who died in the early 1800s)

Here lies -----Bet Bowmaker spouse to Alex LANDLES who died 30.4.1743 aged 57 years also William Landles who died 13.8.1736 aged ? years here lies also the body of Alex Landles who died-(remainder illegible)

Here lies the body of John Landels who died 2.12.1775 aged 56 years tennant in Wester Winshall also two children and of Elizabeth Davidson his wife who died 27.2.1805 aged 82 years. (Reverse) and of Jean Landels who died ?.6.1786 aged 28? also Elizabeth who died 12?.11?. 1803 aged ? years.

Here lies the body of -------Ewart  spouse ---Adam who died 18.5.1745 aged 50 years also James, William, Elspeth, Agnes, Alison and Adam all children of Adam Landles John Landles who died 13.5. 1748.

(Tablestone) In memory of Margaret Landles the wife of John Landles burgess and couper in Berwick Upon Tweed who departed this life 28.9.1788 aged 31 years also her daughter Margaret who died ?.7.1779 aged 10 months and the said John Landles who died 13.4.1800 aged 61 years also Jane Darling his motherwho died 16.4.1802 aged 89 years also John landles son of the above John Landles and Elizabeth Brodie who died 5.4.1819 aged 21 years also their son Thomas Landles who died 15.6.1821 aged 21 years also Elizabeth Brodie relict of the late John Landles who died 22.4.1830 aged 60 years also Mark Landles husband of Margaret Brodie who died in the year 1820 also Hannah onlly daughter of the late Mark and Margaret Brodie who departed this life 15.3.1831 aged 18 years.

Here lies the corps of John Landles son to John Landles tenant in Foulden who died 3.6.1749 aged 12 years.

Here lyes the corps of John Roughead who died 27.6.1733 his age 65 years as also Elspeth Landles his spouse who died 23.2.1743 aged 72 years.

Hope some or any are of use to you.
Cav
Amos,Burnside,Cowan,Hamilton,Lawrie,Reid,Skeldon,(East Lothian, Berwickshire)
Matthew,Tough,Sheriff,Guild,Gourlay,Cundall,Brown(Angus,Midlothian&Australia)
Dunn,Coombs,Dalrymple,Newman,Elliott, Embleton,Day
(Northumberland,Hampshire,Kent,Middlesex)
McPherson , Perth, Scotland
Cameron, Perthshire

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Simonwpb  re Foords/Fords. I have Foords Joseph Foord marrying Agnes Alison 7-10-1784 in Gordon and their son James Foord marr Margaret Whillons 1-7-1821 westruther and their children Marg,Joseph,aaron,agnes,john 1832 ,James, William and Janet. all westruther and down to my mother in law. Joseph  was christened 3-1-1762 Redgorton Perth and his father is shown as JOHN . I think there is a few MIs in Gordon cemetery. Mt wife is descended from the William and her aunt 84 yesterday is the last surviving Ford.in Darnick.
I have the Foord/Ford OPR indexes and dont see any John Foord born Foulden. Do you have his dob and where born and parents?I seee they were marr 3-7-1835 foulden.
you can e-mail privately if you want.
alan
turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders

Offline CL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 January 10 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for all your effort. This is great!

Offline lochfoot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 16 January 10 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Can I ask you to check if there are any Dippies in Foulden Churchyard? May be spelt Deepie. There is a William I am partidularly interested in, but any would be great. Lochfoot

Offline cavvytri

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 16 January 10 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lochfoot...Sorry to say there aren't any of either spelling or anything remotely like it. I also checked Ayton MI's as well and none there either. :(
Cameron, Perthshire

Offline lochfoot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 16 January 10 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cavvytri,  that was good of you. I will go on hunting............ Lochfoot

Offline phuntly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 16 August 10 22:53 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any MI's at Foulden and Mordington with the surname Fender, please.

Regards

Peter

Offline cavvytri

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 10:09 BST (UK) »
Broken stone-top illegible

also the above ANDREW FENDER for 48 years tenant at Foulden Deans died 31.1.1834 aged ? years ______ ________ Andrew ___.
Reverse side....also JESSIE FENDER daughter of ANDREW and MARGARET FENDER who died 20.2.1930 also ROBERT FENDER their son who died 15.10.1943 aged 72 years also THOM____FENDER their daughter ____ ______ died 18.10.19?? aged ? years...remainder illegible.

In loving memory of our dear father ALEXANDER JOHNSTON who died at South Renton, Grantshouse 31.7.1896 aged 62 years late of mordington also MARY ANN FENDER his wife who died at Rules Mains, Duns 16.4.1869 aged 42 years also WILLIE their son died at Starchouse, Mordington 19.8.1890 aged 30 years.

Hope they are of use to you :)
Cameron, Perthshire