Author Topic: Foulden/Mordington  (Read 34684 times)

Offline USCRx

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Foulden/Mordington
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 20 March 16 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your kind offer to search for names in Foulden / Mordington! I'm related to a William Jeffrey, born in the area 1770 - 1774. His father is an Andrew Jeffrey, and mother probably a Catharine. William's first two children were baptized in Foulden. So if any of these Jeffreys turn up, I'd be grateful for the information.
Thanks so much,
Jim Jeffrey

Offline blackjack72

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 13 April 16 21:53 BST (UK) »
Would Newlands be included in the burial info you have?

Offline Cherra07

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Foulden/Mordington - Ford/Foords
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 13 November 16 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  I have a marriage proclamation of Joseph Foord and Agnes Alison on 3 Apr 1785 (compeared before the congregation, on this place of public repentance and were rebuked for this sin of Antinuptual Fornication according to the rules of the Church).  Their first born John was born 10 Apr 1785 (7 days later), my relative James was born 24 Jan 1793 who married Margaret Whillons on 1 Jul 1821... I have an old photograph of James Ford who immigrated to Australia with my GGrandfather Joseph around 1885 or 6 to Isisford in Queensland.  Perhaps you are related to this James?  I would be interested to know a little of the Australian Fords. 
Cherie (nee Ford of New Zealand)

Simonwpb  re Foords/Fords. I have Foords Joseph Foord marrying Agnes Alison 7-10-1784 in Gordon and their son James Foord marr Margaret Whillons 1-7-1821 westruther and their children Marg,Joseph,aaron,agnes,john 1832 ,James, William and Janet. all westruther and down to my mother in law. Joseph  was christened 3-1-1762 Redgorton Perth and his father is shown as JOHN . I think there is a few MIs in Gordon cemetery. Mt wife is descended from the William and her aunt 84 yesterday is the last surviving Ford.in Darnick.
I have the Foord/Ford OPR indexes and dont see any John Foord born Foulden. Do you have his dob and where born and parents?I seee they were marr 3-7-1835 foulden.
you can e-mail privately if you want.
alan

Offline westernwombat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 24 July 17 13:13 BST (UK) »
the name Landell(s) is really interesting.  The University College London university have a project on Slave ownership on the go and the Landells were slave estate owners in Jamaica - the estate is call Coldingham  same as the village in Berwickshire where Mark Landells married Margaret Brodie and had their only child Hannah who died aged 18 as per Foulden/Mordington gravestone.  The estate in Jamaica was called Coldingham and they received several thousand pounds in compensation on the cessation of the slave trade in 1834.

I'm interested in the Landells in Jamaica, if anyone has clues on the family of George James Landells, who was involved with the (Australian) Burke and Wills Expedition in 1861 - arranging the supply of camels.
GJ Landells was born 5 Feb 1825 in Barbados, parents George Landells and Margaret Anderson.
I will start another thread, in the Jamaica section of RootsChat - though GJ Landells spent a lot of time in India and died in Rawal Pindi.

Offline Elizabeth Malcolm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Landells estate in Jamaica
« Reply #49 on: Friday 05 January 18 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Landells estate in Jamaica is called COLDINGHAM. If you log into the British Slave Ownership site you can get all the info including the dispute over the compensation money. Landell family seems to have died out in Scotland. Maybe they are in England(ie you).
Elizabeth
Edinburgh

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Landells estate in Jamaica
« Reply #50 on: Monday 08 January 18 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Elizabeth,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I have just split off your reply as it looked like it may have been attached the the wrong thread. I have now attached it to the correct thread to attach it for you.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk