Author Topic: Seeking "news" of my family...  (Read 794 times)

Offline Dale

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Seeking "news" of my family...
« on: Sunday 30 September 07 12:49 BST (UK) »
Kia Ora
For years I have been searching for descendants of my great grandmother's family from the UK.

I now have  a reasonable raft of family history and am looking for descendants or any other researchers with a connection to the following names probably in Victoria or NSW.

If anyone can offer any additional info I'd be very grateful! ;D

George & Amelia FAIRY were orphaned siblings & emigrated to Melbourne to be with their uncle in the mid 1880s.

1. GEORGE WILLIAM FAIRY marr. Jessie Louisa MUTIMER 1888 Flemington. 4 known children.
George died 1945 Cheltenham.

2. AMELIA FAIRY  marr. GEORGE FROST TITFORD 1890 (Probably St Kilda) 5 children, 2 died as infants. Known  by nicknames; Fred, Kitty and Hetty on death notices for parents. Amelia died 1943 Yarra.

Associated names
1. EELES, O'BRIEN, NICHOLLS, BEARD
2. Mc CARTHY, TITFORD (cousin) WALKER.

There was a connection with Lake Boga for the Titford family.

I am happy to be contacted by PM if anyone can give me any leads to descendants. I would love to have photographs of George & Amelia in particular.
Happy to share the family tree if relatives are interested!
Thanks
Marlene
in the home of the All Blacks ;D

HUNTS: Fairy, Ding, Scotney, Swinton, Burgess, Brace
BEDS: Farey, Fairy,  Young, Rootham, Gell, Wildman, Cooper. Deighton, Flavel.
NORTHANTS: Hills, Mobbs, Twelftrees,
DERBY: Fairey,
LONDON: Fairey, Fairy, Burgess, Williams, Tanser, Picknell, Vinall, Plampin, Mullins, Day, Folwell, Bamfield, Brown
WATFORD HERTS; Burgess, Williams
WARKS: Fairy, Ward, Stephens, Reeves, Hodgkiss, Byrne, Hunt, Edgeworth, Harper, Dudley,
WORCS: Callow, Lowe