Author Topic: VIC - Marriage(s) -Look up please  (Read 76684 times)

Offline pepe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: VIC - Marriage(s) -Look up please
« Reply #441 on: Sunday 31 October 10 15:36 GMT (UK) »
I was sent this link by a cousin of mine. i believe you were researching John Ritchings . I am the greatGrand daughter of Sarah Ann who first married John Ritchings.
I think you have divorce papers etc. i would be interested.

Offline Kare Dean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: Monday 03 February 14 07:10 GMT (UK) »
hi My Name Is Karen Dean/Dehon new to this so please forgive me if I get this wrong  I have read this entire post with much interest . my family history that I know is my father was William dean /dehon name was changed by his father john Dehon  his brothers name was Louis George Dehon he also had a sister Katherine his mothers name was Amelia and his fathers name was peter my grandfather John dehon changed his name to dean after a falling out with the family . a lot of my family lived in Mascot . if possible I am sure my great grandmother was Amelia heaseman and her husband was peter dehon being my great grandfather . if possible I would like to ask if any one could supply me with any information that would help with my search .

Offline frankandlaurie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: Monday 03 February 14 23:29 GMT (UK) »
I too am connected into this family, there has been quite a lot of work done on the Dehon family. Amelia Heasman married firstly to a man named James Bradley, in 1871 in Melbourne then Mr Dehon in 1873 in Hokitika New Zealand and then Mr Riding in Sydney in 1897.
Laurie

Offline frankandlaurie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: Monday 03 February 14 23:31 GMT (UK) »
According to his death certificate - Peter Dehon died in Hokitika, New Zealand on the 18th September 1888 - he died from pneumonia and gangrene of the lung.
Laurie

Online Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen  :)

Thanks for your PM (I have left a message also on the DEHON thread).

Just in the process of sifting through all the papers connected with the various branches of this family, so will get back to you (via PM), shortly.

~  Lu

Online Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 18:45 GMT (UK) »
... and hello again Laurie.   :)

Offline NZRichings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: Monday 26 February 18 03:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lucy

O .M G.
You won't believe this the penny has just dropped!!
Was your Rachel Riching daughter of Thomas Riching -born
Annie Lillian Rachel Riching.If she married Edward (Ted)Baker in 1920 we are related by marriage.Ted was my grandmother's cousin!!!!

Annie

Hi there...I've yet to read through every post yet to know what information you have but when I was doing my Richings family research at Christchurch library in New Zealand several years ago I wrote down records for these people...I have addresses, dates, marriage dates, occupations etc that I will post at somestage for you ☺

Offline NZRichings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: Monday 26 February 18 04:26 GMT (UK) »
Aumarire,  Good luck with the Wellington NSW contact!

Lu, I'm trying hard to think of some scenarios to explain the 'bombshell' but ...

Thanks for the reference back to post #56 - I'd completely forgotten about James's 1919 marriage in Raffrey, Co Down (whence Lily's husband Francis COATES originated).  It's hard to remember all the twists and turns.
Whether one could get a copy of that Northern Ireland cert, and what info such a cert should contain, I have no idea.

At least you've finally found Ivy's bc - albeit it's pretty useless!  Do you have her mc and dc with parents' names?  Can't remember whether we've already discussed this.

Given that you've now found Ivy's bc, it restores hope that perhaps you will end up finding birth certs for some of the others - Thomas, Lily and James.

Re the 'bombshell', one thing I'm holding on to is that James's WW1 record referred to Thomas, his next of kin, as his Uncle.  Perhaps James knew that Lily was his mother but had no idea who his father was - but gave some names on the 1945 mc simply for the sake of appearances (to hide illegitimacy).  Only trouble with that is that Uncle Thomas was still alive (Uncle T died - do I recall correctly - in, I think, 1958).  But perhaps there was little chance that Elsie would meet Uncle T and have an opportunity to ask questions if James & Elsie stayed in Auckland (where they were married), and Uncle T in Christchurch.

Best of luck with the ongoing search for some more birth certificates ...

JAP
Hi all....this James Richings maybe my great grandfather. Mine born bout 1892 did live in Christchurch with wife Sarah Richings nee Thompson...married 1919 over in Ireland . Im a realitive of this marriage. Sarah died in 1944. James moved to Auckland. Sarah  and James had 2 children Vera and Thomas born in Christchurch. Thomas moved to Auckland aswell.
Be good to confirm if this is him and Elsie was his second wife.
My James Richings  died 1975