Author Topic: Maesmawr hall  (Read 2820 times)

Offline hanky

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maesmawr hall
« on: Thursday 04 October 07 15:03 BST (UK) »
has anyone any iformation about any staff that worked below stairs in maesmawr hall around 1890 to 1900

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Maesmawr hall
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 October 07 22:01 BST (UK) »

It may be worth you contacting the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth.

Full contact details can be found on the website.
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hodnet2000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Maesmawr hall
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 September 08 22:46 BST (UK) »
hi,, i know you posted a long time ago , but i have only recently joined this site. my great grandmother worked as a cook at maesmawr hall in 1891,, her name was Sarah Walker and she was a widow aged 42,, her daughter ( my gran) was 7 and was a boarder in caersws.i dont really have a lot of information. i just have a print out of the 1891 census for maesmawr hall..   best wishes   jean
Shortman, Taylor from London area, Walker working in the Welshpool area in 1901, Edwards living in Shrewsbury 1901 onwards