Author Topic: Clean up my grandad please  (Read 1030 times)

Offline lilirose03

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Clean up my grandad please
« on: Saturday 06 October 07 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, was wondering if some kind person would clean up my grandad for me.  He died before I was born and I had never even seen a photograph of him until recently - while I was talking to my aunt on the phone about my family history research I mentioned that I had no idea what he looked like and she sent me a copy of this photograph.  So in my mid-30's I finally 'met' my grandad  :)

-edit- above is a low res. copy of the pic to show it on the thread, the link below contains the high res image
Hicks of London, Whall of Stepney/Norwich, Jones of Stoke Newington/Aston on Clun, Wigzell of London, Hare of London, Cook of St Osyth, Finch of Essex, Judd(e) of Winterslow, Langford of Kimbolton/Knighton, Ward of Leominster, Evans of Kimbolton, Bartlett of Dorset, Sherstone/Shearstone of Marston Magna, Hare of London, Britain of Shoreditch/Birmingham, Webb of St Pancras, Genns (James), Braddy of London. Gurman, esp Noah!

Offline little meg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Clean up my grandad please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 October 07 10:55 BST (UK) »
a quick clean up from me

Margaret
Simpson-Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Overend-Sutton, Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Whitaker - Cononley/Yorkshire, Pickard - Silsden/Yorkshire, Howarth - Skipton/Yorkshire and Lancashire, Heaton-Yorkshire, Preston-Yorkshire, Myers-Yorkshire & Australia, Wild-Yorkshire & Australia. Storey-Middlesex/Australia

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 October 07 11:20 BST (UK) »
And a little tidy up from me as well

Di
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lilirose03

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 October 07 11:42 BST (UK) »
oh, thank you, that's great, I can see him more clearly now :)
Hicks of London, Whall of Stepney/Norwich, Jones of Stoke Newington/Aston on Clun, Wigzell of London, Hare of London, Cook of St Osyth, Finch of Essex, Judd(e) of Winterslow, Langford of Kimbolton/Knighton, Ward of Leominster, Evans of Kimbolton, Bartlett of Dorset, Sherstone/Shearstone of Marston Magna, Hare of London, Britain of Shoreditch/Birmingham, Webb of St Pancras, Genns (James), Braddy of London. Gurman, esp Noah!

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 October 07 23:40 BST (UK) »
and a colour version - hope you don't mind

jc

I can remove the shadows on his face if you would like?
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline ludovica

• RootsChat Senior
  • Genealogist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 October 07 23:49 BST (UK) »
Thats really nice jc!

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 October 07 00:00 BST (UK) »
thanks Ludovica,

there's already two nice restores so I went with the colour option.. didn't play too much

jc
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline lilirose03

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 07 October 07 10:15 BST (UK) »
wow, thanks jc, that's amazing work.  And, yes please, if you can remove the shadow on his face that'd be really interesting to see  :) 
Thanks ever so much.