Author Topic: IGI help needed  (Read 1038 times)

Offline turtle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
IGI help needed
« on: Sunday 07 October 07 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am wanting to request an LDS film, and have not used these before,   I am wanting to search Beaconsfield parish records ,  firstly, are the names that show up on the IGI search, ALL of the records on a particular film ? or are these results ONLY records that have been added by other researchers ?     In other words, are there records on the films that don't show in the online search ?     Hope that's not too confusing ???
Woolhouse family, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Surrey.   Lovely , Urpeth, of Suffolk

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: IGI help needed
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 October 07 12:07 BST (UK) »
If you go into your nearest LDS centre they will help you order the right film.   The films generally show the full BMD registers so you get the advantage of the burials and any extra comments the vicar might have made on the other entries.  The IGI records temple sealings for members.  The films are of the church registers, regardless of LDS members.   I am sure someone can put that more succinctly and also tell you more about finding the right film.
Andrea

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: IGI help needed
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 14:47 BST (UK) »
According to the Hugh Wallis site there are two films depending on the time frame.

There are also two non conformists films. The LDS centre will advise you as already stated.

Beaconsfield

C041681   1631-1837   E041681   
 C041682   1838-1877   M041681   1575-1837   
                                       M041682   1838-1878   
   (Bethesda Chapel
    Aylesbury Street
    Independent) C089031   1813-1837     
   (Old Meeting House
    Independent) C089021   1765-1837   

But according to the Bucks Records office there is also a film for the Congregational church in Beaconsfield 1813 onwards which does not appear to be transcribed by the IGI.

Jo