Author Topic: Another brick wall  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Procter

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Another brick wall
« on: Monday 22 March 04 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from British Columbia 8),

I'm new to RootsChat.Com.  I think it's a marvelous idea!
I'm trying to find Lancaster (plus Scotforth and Ellel) Procter ancestry for my brother-in-law. Are there parish records online other than the LDS records?

Look forward to your reply,
Procter

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re:brick wall
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 March 04 02:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,  and welcome to Rootschat  ;)

If you have not already done so,  have a look at the Lancashire county board on this site.  Of particular interest to you will be the Lancs. Online Parish clerk Site:

http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/

Also for particular surname interest take a look in the relevant One Name Studies area and consider posting there too.  

Another useful feature we have is the Search button at the top of the page.  You can enter a name and search the whole site for occurances of it.  We are already managing to link up people with converging areas of study.

Most of all,  ask questions :)  There is always someone around who can point you in the right direction.  ;D

Good Luck,
Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Procter

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Another brick wall
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 March 04 05:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kazza,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I did take a look at the parish records but don't see anything searchable in the Lancaster/Cockerham/Ellel area for John Procter - b. abt 1785, Winmarleigh (married Ann Gardner, 1809, Cockerham)  They had at least nine children.  We'd like to find John's ancestry.  That's a start.

::)

Cheers
Procter