Author Topic: WDYTYA Series 4: #6 Graham Norton  (Read 21995 times)

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WDYTYA Series 4: #6 Graham Norton
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 14 October 07 17:28 BST (UK) »
Matthew Pinsent later this week ... and according to the Radio Times, he is very nearly related to God !

Aren't we all !
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 10:06 BST (UK) »
Was not surprised at non Irish ancestors, having been protestants in a Catholic area surely made it very likely

Bob
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Black Panther

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 26 October 07 21:37 BST (UK) »
I recorded the Graham Norton programme and watched it after being told it wasn't one of the better episodes. I was on the edge of my seat though. I, too, have hit a brick wall with the Logan family in Ahoghill in the 1800's. Didn't give me any clues but at least now I know I'm not alone!
Harm, Chart

Offline mattfrombann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 19:57 GMT (UK) »
I only caught this episode the other day (some six years after first showing it appears) and was watching with interest, as a descendant of at least a six generation Ahoghill family. Why I wondered did they refer to "the Presbyterian Church" when there are, as any fool know, three ? We then saw a document with the name clearly Spelled "Doey", so why did he type in "Dooey" when doing the on line search in Belfast Registry Office. Something being a bit contrived me thinks. My (Bankhead) family intermarried with many Logans and one Doey or Dooey. The surname also appears among witness names

Samuel Bankhead of Prockliss Drummaul married Elizabeth Do(o)ey of Ballyminstra in Ballymena Registrary Office on 9/12/1885 and had three children . Samuel baptised 26/6/1896, James baptised 1/8/1889 and Sophie baptised 23/8/1891. Her father was James Dooey, a weaver. A Mary Doey witnessed the marriage of John Bankhead and Isabella Nicholl in 1st Ahoghill on 22/8/1849
Had they had the inclination I am sure they would have found a good candidate for Fred Doey

Offline NicD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 01 February 17 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Was just watching this on You Tube again. There appear to be records on Ancestry for an Antrim Frederick Dooey as a Military deserter!
Logie, Lawrie, Davidson, Noble, Ross, Simpson, Fyffe, Moon, Setton/Seaton, Brough