Author Topic: James Magee- Belfast  (Read 15850 times)

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: James Magee- Belfast
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 October 07 19:31 BST (UK) »
I also noticed that, like Archibald McGHEE, James McGHEE also married a MOONEY :o
All information taken from my personal database compiled from original sources - Crown Copyright acknowledge as stated.
Family names:SPINK (WRY), GOODWIN (DBY), PRATT (SCT & WRY), WILDGOOSE (DBY), STRETTON (LEI & DBY), MARTIN(ANS), NICOLL(ANS), McKENNA(TYR), STRAIN(DON), WALLACE(FIF), RAE(STI), PENMAN(STI) & CAPPIE(ELN).

Offline artygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • The search is on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 October 07 19:36 BST (UK) »
How very strange indeed! It's just sinking in how strong a parallel that is, there must be a connection of some sort... both co.antrim, both went to lanarkshire and both magee with alternate spellings. Where did you find this by the way?

Thank you again and again!
Belfast (Falls Area mainly- Leeson St)  & Lisburn - Magee,Mooney, Adair,Darragh, Burns,Martin,Donegan

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
James Magee- Belfast
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 October 07 19:46 BST (UK) »
I was doing some background research into Archie's daughter Catherine and it just spread from there.  Pretty soon I had Irish relations popping up everywhere.  The FRISKEYs, McGHEEs and my main line the McILVANEYs,  from Rasharkin, seem to have migrated to Scotland en masse and ended up cheek by jowl in Airdrie, Lanarkshire.  The information was posted on Rootschat Lanarkshire board and I verified it through Scotlands People.   ;D
All information taken from my personal database compiled from original sources - Crown Copyright acknowledge as stated.
Family names:SPINK (WRY), GOODWIN (DBY), PRATT (SCT & WRY), WILDGOOSE (DBY), STRETTON (LEI & DBY), MARTIN(ANS), NICOLL(ANS), McKENNA(TYR), STRAIN(DON), WALLACE(FIF), RAE(STI), PENMAN(STI) & CAPPIE(ELN).

Offline artygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • The search is on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 October 07 19:59 BST (UK) »
gosh haha I'm amazed by how quickly rootschatters can find things. Thank you. it could be a connection way back.. I shall update you if I find out more! xo
Belfast (Falls Area mainly- Leeson St)  & Lisburn - Magee,Mooney, Adair,Darragh, Burns,Martin,Donegan

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
McGHEE
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 October 07 22:16 BST (UK) »
I have just been emailed Archibald McGHEE's 1877 death certificate.  It records his parents as John MCGEE & Ann SWEENEY.   That would take you back to about the 1790's.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline DixieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 October 07 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi artygirl.
I think I may have misinformed you about the district numbers. I think the numbers in this directory, 1960 / 70's, don't relate to the era you are researching. If Christopher reads this he may be able to give you better information about the districts than I have. Sorry if I put you on the wrong course with regard to the areas.
Dixie
Antrim.  Campbell, Carson,Dickson, Gilmore, Creaney
Down.    Dickson, Fairley, Irvine, McCune, Carlisle,    
               Wilson, Quinn

Offline artygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • The search is on
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 October 07 19:29 BST (UK) »
Don't worry about it! I still realy appreciate you trying :) xo

Offline DixieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 October 07 19:59 BST (UK) »
Found this birth, but don't know if it relates to your lot. The age is near enough, going by the age of the Alice Magee in the 1901 census on Belfast Family History website.

Alice Mooney, born 28 July 1873, Knocknadona, Lisburn.
Parents,  Robert Mooney and Alice Jane Bradley.
Couldn't find a marriage date for the parents.

Hope it  works in with your research to make up for my boob with the district numbers.

Regards,
Dixie
Antrim.  Campbell, Carson,Dickson, Gilmore, Creaney
Down.    Dickson, Fairley, Irvine, McCune, Carlisle,    
               Wilson, Quinn

Offline artygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • The search is on
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 October 07 21:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks, that could be a relation! I'll have to check it out further. Thanks for all your help!  ;D