Author Topic: Morris Owen[s]  (Read 4624 times)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Morris Owen[s]
« on: Sunday 14 October 07 17:33 BST (UK) »
Repeat request please. Looking for the birth of any female child whose father's name was Morris Owen. Time scale between 1881-1884 in the Anglesey area, maybe in Rhoscylon or surrounding district. Thankyou.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Morris Owen[s]
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 October 07 18:12 BST (UK) »
Do you have further details on Morris Owen(S)? -year of birth ?

There is a Morris Owen age 57 wife margaret 57 both born Anglesey and son Morris age 17 b Llanllechid Carnarvon

daughter of wich Morris owen are we looking for?

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 October 07 23:05 BST (UK) »
My Morris Owen was born 1851-1853 . I also know that his daughter Elizabeth Ann was born 1882-1884. Depending on which census Elizabeth Ann was born LLandegai or Rhoscolyn. According to Anglesey and Caenarvon register  offices no Elizabeth Ann was born in either place during the time scale mentioned whose father was a Morris Owen  Am hoping that here may be parish records somewhere which might help me. Ust in case the registration never reached a register office.There is the possibility hatElizabeth Ann might have had another christian name that was never used.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 October 07 00:44 BST (UK) »
maybe a post for a baptism may bring a result??

Are you certain Morris and jane were married?

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 October 07 10:28 BST (UK) »
I have 4 marriage certificates between a Morris Owen and a Jane different surnames . Without the birth of Elizabeth Ann cannot be sure which is the correct marriage, or as you say if at all.Will try as you say and see if there are any listers who have access to baptismal recordsfor the areas which I am interested in.Thanks for showing an interest in my search. Eirwen

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 October 07 13:55 BST (UK) »
May be worth asking for baptisms in both areas she gave as p.o.b. -it is possible she was born in one place and baptised in the other - although sometimes the p.o.b. is given as the place where they grew up

Suz

Offline Kathleen Owens

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Virginia USA!

I am researching my husbands Owens line.  I have the oldest connection, immigrant John Owen (Owens), coming from Bodior, Rhoscolyn, Anglesey, Wales to Virginia in 1652.  I'm trying to find a connection to others off this line.   My email is (*).

Thanks!  Kathleen 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Owens and Truslow - Wales/England
Nestor and Ejsmont - Poland