Author Topic: *USE OF THIS BOARD* PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING  (Read 60832 times)

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
*USE OF THIS BOARD* PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
« on: Monday 15 October 07 09:12 BST (UK) »
WELCOME!

You have probably chosen this board to post because you are new to family history and to RootsChat.  Congratulations on both counts.  You have chosen a hobby that will start to take over your life - in a nice way, and you couldn't have found a nicer place to do it! ;D

The Beginners board is only really for general queries.  "How do I?" "Where would I find?" type questions that other members can help you with.  If you have a name and a location, it would be best to post your query on the appropriate board.  The county LOOKUP REQUESTS boards are the best place for census and birth/marriage/death queries for example.

If you are ever unsure about the best place to put your posts then contact a moderator.  We are shown in red at the bottom of the RootsChat board where it says "Users Online."  Just click on one of our names.  Then click on "Send this rootschatter a personal message" and ask away.  Sometimes there may not be a moderator on duty, so just pick the board that you feel is most appropriate and a moderator will move it if they feel that your post would do better elsewhere.

However, the most important thing is to enjoy your research.  We are here to help and our members are truly a wonderful bunch who will do their best to aid your research.  HAVE FUN! ;D

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk