Author Topic: Guerin Family of Limerick  (Read 9834 times)

Offline cherylg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Guerin Family of Limerick
« on: Wednesday 17 October 07 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can anyone help please.

I am trying to find the births of the following:

William Desmond Guerin born January 1928
Lawrence Guerin his older brother
Joseph his younger brother
also a sister Margaret Guerin who died aged 18 in Limerick.

All born Limerick their fathers name was William (Bill) Guerin not sure of their mothers. They were Roman Catholics.

If anybody could point me the right direction I would be really grateful .

Cheryl

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Guerin Family of Limerick
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 September 08 12:16 BST (UK) »
Cheryl,

I have a lot of Limerick Guerins - no names are matching but we may be able to find a connection.

Names include: Henry, James, Maude, Alice, Albert, Margaret.

All Limerick city.

Regards,

Purpeller
Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 September 08 12:38 BST (UK) »
Recent records aren't likely to be available online. Birth, marriage and death certificates can be ordered from GRO, Dublin but possibly church records might be more useful although you will need to know what church/churches they attended in Limerick (county or city).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dermotg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 August 09 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheryl,

I have just seen this message and although it is almost two years old I wondered if you had found the information you are looking for.

While I do not have the information to hand I could probably source most of it.  The third gentleman on your list, Joseph Guerin, is my dad.  He died twelve years ago. 

I suspect from your name you are either married to, or a daughter of Des Guerin.  He is my cousin although I am not sure if I ever met him.

All the best
Dermot

Offline cherylg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 August 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Dermot

Well hello cousin in law.
Your right I'm married to your cousin Desmond.
The last we heard about you was that you were living in Scotland and happily married.

I've been doing this family tree lark for the last 6 years and really struggling with the Guerin clan.

Des dad XXXX born XXX is still alive and lives in XXXX, i have his marriage certificate which says his father was William Guerin (Bill) and he was a Pig Breeder.If you have anymore info i would be really grateful for some help!!!!.

Rgds
Cheryl

Moderator's Note: Edited to remove details of living person in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline dermotg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 August 09 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheryl,

Nice to make contact with you guy's! 

I moved to the North-East ten years ago and am currently living about six miles from Durham.  Happily divorced and re-married with four kids from 4 to 15.  Three boys and the youngest is a girl.

I have tried a few times to get in touch with Des but you guys are ex-directory and the details my mum gave me were sketchy.  I am not sure how much detail this forum (all the info on Des snr was xxx'd out for instance) edits out but I am currently at work on XXXX if you would like to give me a call and we will exchange details.

(*) Moderator Comment: telephone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

I will be back in Ireland in a few weeks and can check out some of your missing information if you like.  However you are correct,  I have been doing a similar exercise for my Dads fanily and the information is very sketchy.

Cheers
Dermot

Offline kyvan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 04:50 BST (UK) »
Hi
I came across an article you may be able to access that may have your Guerin family in it. if you go to this link  http://www.limerickcity.ie/Library/LocalStudies/LocalStudiesBooksJournals/TheOldLimerickJournalcontentsofvols28-35/
in Vol 31, winter 1994, there is an article listed called "The life of a Limerick dentist by Michael Guerin".
Hope this helps
cheers
Kylie

researching Mealey (or similar) Doonass and Limerick

Offline cherylg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Kyvan

Thankyou will take a look

Rgds
Cheryl

Offline Kymgraham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 29 May 17 22:16 BST (UK) »
Cheryl,

I have a lot of Limerick Guerins - no names are matching but we may be able to find a connection.

Names include: Henry, James, Maude, Alice, Albert, Margaret.

All Limerick city.

Regards,

Purpeller

Hi

We have recently found out that we believe our great grandfather is a son of James Guerins and Margaret Morgan.  I would be very interested to talk to you, as I see you have a lot of posts re this.  We are matched on ancestry via DNA. Thank you