Author Topic: Mctaggarts/Rerrick/Dundrennan  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Fraochale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mctaggarts/Rerrick/Dundrennan
« on: Thursday 18 October 07 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, new here amd looking to find anyone who may be working with the family of Peter Mctaggart and Ann Wallace of Rerrick, Kirkcudbright in early 1800.  Peter was a stone mason and I believe his parents were John Mct and Jannet Mckean, of Penningham, Wigtownshire. Their children included John(1819), Thomas (1821), ISABELLA (1824),  Margaret (1827), Helen (1829), James (1831) and Mary (1834).

John married first Margaret Kissock and had a daughter Elizabeth, second wife was Elizabeth Ried and they had  John, Mary Ann and Agnes. John was a stone mason and lived in the area of Dundrennan until his death.

Thomas we believe married a Jane Briggs and had four children all born in England near Liverpool.

Isabella ( my gggrandmother) married William Clarke of Barlococ Estates, Rerrick came to the US sometime between 1841 and 1851. She had six children. Her son William was my great grandfather.

James married Margaret Henry in 1865 in Gatehouse, Anwoth and had six children: Margaret, Annie Wallace ( died in infancy) James, Thomas, Robert and Isabella. He and his family were still in Gatehouse in 1901 census. Be believe he died in 1913 and Margaret 1915. 

I would like to find out if any of the James' decendants are still living in Gatehouse. Have tried to find an online phone book, but everyone using cells/mobile phones this is getting more difficult.

Anyone working with this family would love to hear from you.

Jody
Scotland: Wallace, Mctaggart, Clark(e), Mckeand, McCartney
Scotland: Mctaggart, Wallace, Clarke, Mckeand, McCartney, Stewart
England: Mctaggart ( Liverpool)
Ireland: Drought, Lynch, Walsh
Wales: Williams

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.