Author Topic: bervie fishing folk - ritchie/mowatt  (Read 75758 times)

Offline Isles

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: bervie fishing folk - ritchie/mowatt
« Reply #36 on: Friday 14 November 08 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Spare my blushes Lynda.  I'll now have to visit the local draper's shop and buy a larger cap.  ;D ;D

Regards,
Isles.

1927 - 2010

Burness; Dickson; Moncur; Bowman

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 15 November 08 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isles,
Thank you very much for the information on James D. I was looking at James Mearns and you have put me on the right track, I am fascinated by my mother,s family line in Scotland and have been to Scotland several times prior to knowing my family connections and I always felt that I belonged there in a strange way. I live near the River Thames in Surrey and have a great affection for water and support the RNLI. I now think I know the meaning of "its in your genes"
Thank you for your time and effort in helping me it is greatly appreciated.  ;) ;) ;)
Regards
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 15 November 08 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynda,
I have several McBay/Bey brickwalls and am interested in all connections for the line in Kincardine for the period 1800/1900 and will be very grateful for any information you have on your McBay/Bey. ;)
Regards
Kincardine/Northumberland/Co.Durham/London/Middlesex,Surrey,Tipperary Ireland.Scotland.England.
McBay/McBey,Ritchie,Blues/Blews/Blewes, Davidson,Campbell,Clark,Craig,Criggie,Douglas,Duncan,Dutch,Wyllie,Howard,Farrelly,Finch,Fogarty,Forbes,Freeman, Gibb,Geddes,Gove,Hampton,Jolly, Mackie,Masson,
McKenzie,Mearns,Milne,Mowatt,Mulvany,Nicol,O'Connor,Paton,Pert,Rae,Reid,Robertson,Ross,Scott,Sheret,Simpson,Slater,Smith,Souter, Stephen(s),Stevenson,Stewart,Sutherland,Taylor,Thomson,Webster,Wilson

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 15 November 08 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isles,
I forgot to mention I have the direct McBayBey line  of my ancestors,but because there are so many children involved I am trying to fill in the Aunts/Uncles ets.

Offline Isles

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 15 November 08 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Foggyman.  I now have the details of your Mowatt line (spelled Mouat in the earlier generations).

John Mouat  married 12 Jan 1801 Bervie, Isabel Grieve.

John Mouat  b. 13 Sep 1816 Bervie. Married 21 Oct 1849 Bervie, Helen Aberdeen. He died 16 May 1894.

Munro Mowatt b. about 1849. Married 4 Oct 1876 Arbroath, Margaret Smith. He died 2 Feb 1924 at Mowatt's Lane, Gourdon aged 75.

Margaret Criggie Mowatt b. 1884 Bervie.

You mentioned that you were trying to find the siblings of your McBay family. There are so many that if you send me your email address by private message I can then scan them and send the results.  Only if you want to do this of course.

Regards.

1927 - 2010

Burness; Dickson; Moncur; Bowman

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 15 November 08 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isles,
Yes I am very interested in your very kind offer and will come back to you in the next day or so
Regards

Offline lyndyloo6

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Great Grandmother, Susan Allan Welsh,Bervie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 15 November 08 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Foggyman,

My McBay/beys are from Marnoch in Aberdeenshire.  They are  Mgt McRobb married James Findlater.  Their daughter Helen Findlater married Robert McBey dob 6.12.1842.  Robert was a postie and died in 1921 at High Stree, Hampshire.  They had a son Rober born in Marnoch in 1870.  He was a farmer and seems to have died in 1905.  Not done a lot on this am afraid, but may help you....

Regards,
Lynda
Welsh Allan, Wemyss, Caird, McAllister,Gibb, Kincardineshire,
Chisholm, Rew,McDonald,Macdonald, Brechin, McConnachie, Pirie, Welsh, Angus
Gibb, Allan, Ross, Stewart,McRobb, Aberdeenshire,
Horan,  Edinburgh.
Robertson, Penicuik, oodfellow, Hodgson, Birtley,Chester le Street Durham.

Offline foggyman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 15 November 08 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynda,
I do not know if your McBey's from Aberdeen are part of my line.I have been given information that my line was first mentioned up in Banff a village called Findochty and came down to Miltonhaven St.Cyrus c1769.Miltonhaven was devastated by a storm c1795 and approx 80 houses on the shoreline were destroyed during the night and the survivors trekked up to Johnshaven and then started to migrate into NE England with my line down in London. For some reason it looks like they bypassed Aberdeenshire.
Thanks for the information,I feel sure that all the McBay/McBey's are related but with the highland clearances and the clan wars they moved to and from Northern Ireland and lost their indentities with other lines of the family. :-[
Regards

Offline ripriprip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 16 November 08 08:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello;

Re: Isabella Mowat > I have George Grieve (1731-1809) married Rebecca Malcolm (1737-1833) who had Isabella Grieve (1777-1861).  She married John Mowatt Jan, 12, 1801 in Bervie.  Is this the Isabella you refer to?

JoAnne

Yes this is her, now that you bring this to my attention. I did not know her parents names!
Thank you for them.