Author Topic: Charles Haughton Wilson - Killeshandra  (Read 6590 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Haughton Wilson - Killeshandra
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 January 08 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Do you have these two children for John Wilson & Mary Jane Haughton/Houghton:
2. Margaret Frances born 8 Apr.1880 Loughnafin, Loughadian, Down
I checked under Co. Down for Loughnafin and Loughadian and only found Loughadian in Banbridge area. Glad you solved the mystery of where Loughnafin is.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline da1951

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 February 08 08:08 GMT (UK) »
I AM THE GRAND-DAUGHTER OF CHARLES AND ELIZA WILSON.   I WILL SHARE ANY INFORMATION I CAN WITH YOU.  LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.     dA 1951   

Offline MEW53

• RootsChat Member
  • My Mum & Dad - George & May Veighey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 February 08 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Da1951,
Welcome to Rootschat.
Everything has been very quiet on the family history front for ages, I just took a look at Rootschat today.
This is fantastic news we are obviously first cousins. I have sent you a personal message just before I read this posting.

I am more than happy to share information with you.

Thanks

Margaret

Veighey, Isabella Montgomery, Wilson,  Haughtons ,  Arnolds, Morrisons & Kellets -Killeshandra, Co Cavan, Ireland, Whittaker- Conisbrough

Offline roilafferty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Aghadowey,
I have looked at the link you supplied earlier today and I have fornd some information on Loughnafin.
This is what I found which mentions an area called Rockfield which my Mother says was the area where she was born, have attached the link so you can see it.

Loughnafin Rockfield 378 Cavan Tullyhunco Killashandra Cavan Ulster 
Margaret Francis is correct as I have just found out this week she married Andrew Baird.
John Wilson & Mary Jane Haughton's children were Walter, Charles Haughton (my Mother's father), Georgina, Louie and Lilian (married W.T Baird) as well as Margaret Francis. Apparently 2 sisters married 2 brothers.
Eliza Jane born 9 May 1877 Co.Cavan - spoke to my Mother today and although this is a name she does not remember she thinks it is very likely that there was another child called Eliza Jane.

Thanks again for your help.

Margaret

:) :)

Offline roilafferty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 18:10 BST (UK) »
Mr Andrew Wrenn of Glenageary Co Dublin purchased the estate known as Rockfield or Loughnafin Co Cavan in the 1870s. Wrenn was born in Co Cavan. he put his brother Patrick as caretaker of the run down mansion and the caretakers house. When Wrenn died in 1908 he bequeated the land etc to his two nieces... perhaps there were families living on the land