Author Topic: Waldron Burials Look Up Please  (Read 5144 times)

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Waldron Burials Look Up Please
« on: Sunday 21 October 07 14:56 BST (UK) »
If anyone out there is due to visit the archives at Worcester, could I beg a favour please.

I am looking for the burial of a John Waldron (born c1728 at Belbroughton) who it is believed died after 1776. He was left an annuity in that year and mentioned in a legal documentation, referred to as

"Rev. John Waldron, rector of Hampton Lovett"

His wife was named Mary - probably nee Holden and I would assume she was buried with him.

John & Mary had a son called George who also entered the church and was based at Elmley Lovett c 1800.

So in essence, I am looking for a burial of a Rev John Waldron and his wife Mary - John being buried after 1776 in either Hampton Lovett or Elmley Lovett.

If anyone has the time to check for me when they next visit the archives it would be very much appreciated.  :)
Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nelliepee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waldron Burials Look Up Please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 December 14 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi NigelG

If you google the following you will find info Townsend George Waldron Emily Lovett Worcestershire you should find info as the 2 people were always fighting in fact George Waldron kept it up until he ran out of money - if you can't find it contact me on penniem4@gmail.com I think I still have it  in the black hole, which is my computer
Regards Pennie

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 December 14 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Church of England Clergy database has his death 16.9.1794
http://db.theclergydatabase.org.uk/jsp/search/index.jsp
Other stuff based on Church records a bit dry but worth a quick look.

It also mentions George born 6.6.1764
Rector Elmley Lovett 25.7.1800-22.1.1821.

There's a Will for John  on Ancestry and National Archives 11.7.1794.No mention of a wife so she must have died first.
Ps Cambridge Alumni has his death as 3 July 1794 at Elmley Lodge.Will made in April 1794.
Ciderdrinker

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 December 14 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi me again
It looks like John Waldron was replaced at Hampton Lovett by his son Edward 26.1.1807-7.4.1814.
Edwards Will is also online at Ancestry and National Archives.
He's also on the Cof E database.
Ciderdrinker

Offline Nelliepee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 December 14 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi ciderdrinker

Researching Waldrons in Worcestershire is like a minefield, so many have the same names and especially Johns, my line comes down through the John who built the Hill Tavern, but we still do not know who is parents were. I have a lot of books that I have downloaded from archive.org so if I come across anymore re your Waldrons I will let you know - regards Pennie

Offline Nelliepee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 December 14 07:49 GMT (UK) »
 In the course of time the Manor passed down through several generations of the Townshend family but when the family line failed in 1744, the Manor passed to Dr. Samuel Wanley, rector of Elmley Lovett, and widow of a Dorothy Townshend, daughter of the last male Townshend, another Henry.

Samuel Wanley, upon his death in 1776 left the Manor to Rev. John Waldron, rector of Hampton Lovett for his lifetime, and then upon his death to his son George Waldron. George Waldron appears to have sold part of the Manor to a George Forrester who was the second son of Anne Townshend and Col. Forrester, M.P. Anne Townshend being an aunt of the said Dorothy Townshend but not a direct heir to the Manor.

This information is backed up by the arguments that George and Townsend. Which eventually broke George

Offline Nelliepee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 03 December 14 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi cider

I have looked through the Waldrons on my computer and found the following John Waldron married Mary Holden 31 October 1754 at St Michael, Stafford
 I have a burial for a John Waldron 30 July 1793 Stafford

do you have the children born to them and their dates, as my finances don't stretch to Ancestory
Pennie

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 03 December 14 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,mine doesn't either but I get it for free.

I can't see any baptisms at all for Stafford,but the couple seem to be having children at Hartlebury.
Elizabeth 24.11.1756
Edward 15.5.1758
John 5.3.1760
Thomas 21.4.1762
George 6.6.1764

There is then a burial for Mary 3.20.1765 and the burial for John perhaps 30.6.1794 at Hartlebury both from the NBI which again has no age for them.

It does look like you have the right marriage to me.
Here's the entry from Cambridge Alumini
The Rev JOHN Waldron
Entered:    Oct. 11, 1742
Died:    1794
More Information:    B.A. 1768, incorp. from Oxford; M.A. from Christ's, 1768. [S. of Edward, of Kinver, Staffs.] Matric. from Magdalen Hall, Oxford (age 17), Oct. 11, 1742; B.A. (Oxford) 1746. Ord. deacon (Worcester) 1747; priest, 1749. Chaplain to the Earl of Coventry, 1768. R. of Hampton Lovett and of Rushock, Worcs., 1768-94. Died July 3, 1794, at Elmley Lodge. (Al. Oxon.; Peile, II. 273; G. Mag., 1794, II. 676.)

There is a baptism at Kinver 25.10.1724 to Edward and Sarah Waldron.
Other children just for a father Edward -Sarah 29.11.1721 and Edward 13.1.1718.

That will of 1794 does list the sons Rev Edward,George and Thomas and there is a bequest to a cousin Ann Waldron of Kinfare(Kinver). Her Will is also there 4.8.1795 bequeathing to her brother Francis Waldron and amongst others the Rev Edward Waldron.
(Anne bapt 28.2.1724 d of Thomas and Anne Ellen and Francis 18.10.1719 just son of Thomas).

At a guess I think Thomas and Edward Waldron senior are brothers ,children of Edward and Hannah from Kinver baptised 10.3.1688 and 22.11.1692.

So it does look like the right family.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Nelliepee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 05 December 14 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi cider

Thomas Waldron M Anne Ellen Elde 19 June 1718 Seigford Staffordshire

Can you send me your email address, so I can just email instead of coming here. the reason I do this is I am trying to sort out of the various Waldron families and who belongs to who

Regards Pennie