Author Topic: Shanks family of New Monkland  (Read 5189 times)

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Shanks family of New Monkland
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Falkyrn

The marriage details that you have found would suggest that David Thomson Shanks is not the guy who went to Australia after all!

In fact, following postings on the Australian page of this site it would appear that the 'Australian' David may have been identified as being the one born around 1892, the son of David Shanks and Helen Duncan, who were living in Cambuslang at the time of the 1901 census.

Another mystery solved!

:)
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline samalexander

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shanks family of New Monkland
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 January 19 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if the original poster of this thread is still active but I have lots of information on the Shanks family of Muirhead, I have their old family Bible in which George and Jane Shanks wrote the information regarding births, marriages and deaths of their children and relatives. I’m happy to share the information with anyone else who is researching the family.