Author Topic: Royal Caledonian School Bushey  (Read 21887 times)

Offline jono j

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Caledonian School Bushey
« Reply #18 on: Friday 05 January 18 17:16 GMT (UK) »
I attended the cally for two years 87-89. We left when i was about 12,  I begged my mother not to send me and my younger brother back their,
the truth was it was rife with abuse, i had witnessed it  first hand and the been abused myself, some of the abusers got jailed from what I've seen recently.  the Man who tried grooming me with sweets late nights staying up and extra privileges didn't work  but i know he targeted other younger boys often with simple things like showering in front of him.
Mr w was his name, there was older boys who touched the younger ones i once walked in by mistake on them and it cost me a beating which left me with a black eye i was 10 years old.
the other sadistic man was Mr p he liked physical pain i was caned by him for minor child squbbles he once hit me so hard with a table tennis bat it broke he shouted that il be paying for that bat, there was also a slipper size 13 was had written on the sole kiss my ass, many children had there pants pulled down and slipped repeatedly.
I went to bushy hall school, but because we were half Irish we weren't very much liked they where very hard times as a child at the cally when i look back now, am glad i never told my parents it would of destroyed them, my brother to this day still won't talk about that period of his life never.
Its an absolute disgrace what went on there i still suffer now .......
we went there for an solid stable education without the need to move to another school, the best bit i remember was going home........

Offline jason49mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 August 18 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi I was at the RCS from 1957 - 1966 even won the "Sportsman of the year" beating Struan Robertson and Euan Grant,
Would love to make contact with any from those days.

Whatever happened to Pipe Major Turnbull and that lovely collie?

John McConnell

Offline jason49mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 August 22 12:18 BST (UK) »
Not sure why the posts have stopped.
Would love to get in contact with any from
mid 50's to 1967
Share photos and memories.

John McConnell

Offline PBgenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 31 March 24 13:31 BST (UK) »
If you haven't already done so, you might like to join the Facebook group Bushey Memories and History. There are posts there relating to the Royal Caledonian School in Bushey.