Author Topic: Mitcham Redskin village/ Phipps Bridge  (Read 87356 times)

Offline GUM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mitcham Redskin village/ Phipps Bridge
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 21:13 BST (UK) »
hi nellie you must know my wife sylvia from new close.
Neddy use to cut my hair when i was a lad in dearn gardens and latter on in bond road mitcham would this be your grand father?
sylvia lived with her sisters  rannee, hariet, and amy would you have known them
Gum/Alan

Offline Nellie marney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 26 July 12 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hello in reply to your message Alfie marney was my husband son of Emily marney and brother to Matty , Sally, Nielsen, billy,

Offline bachy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi i am a new person too. My nan used to live at no 38 new close she was ethel salis nee boxall nee kinget. i used to go round there quite a lot. Everyday after school. i remember the portacabin type sweet shop and osbornes the shop. i used to play with linie smith and my nan had a few friends around there 1 of them was called harriet who, as i remember, used to know quite a lot about using herbs and plants to help any ailments. my parents and i lived on the estate. my grandad who i knew was called ernie  sallis and my other grandad was called Thomas Boxall. i remember black sarah, soapy sid and liqure. If you know us or anything please contact.

Offline yeates9595

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 17:40 GMT (UK) »
im new to all this but reading some of your post i see a few names that i remember that my aunts and uncles used to tell me about. i still have family in new close the Ayres some still live there my aunts and uncles lived at number 10 they moved there when it was first built many stories from them. i remember the lady in the green shed selling sweets loved getting a penny from my uncle and going to the shop :)

Offline Ellyllon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 04 January 13 21:42 GMT (UK) »
hi all,

Question, who was Black Dot Sarah? nobody has said who she is. Do we know her surmane? did she live in new close? Who was she married too? Why is she remembered as black sarah? I'm very interested in the answer. As i have family who live in new close and bath road.

I hope someone had the answer.

Many thanks

Ellyllon.

Offline Mark1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 04 March 13 16:22 GMT (UK) »
My GG Grandfather Jesse Adaway moved to new close when it was built, he died in 1939 at number 74.
Lavender - Ruislip Middlesex / Mitcham Surrey
Ad(d)away - Burnham Buckinghamshire / Mitcham Surrey
Abrehart/Abrahart - Edmonton Middlesex / Mitcham Surrey / Victoria Australia
Lindsell - Braintree Essex / Morpeth Durham / Islington london
Donohoe/Donohue & Roche - Graiguecullen, Queens/Carlow Ireland

Offline ottershaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 19 May 13 21:54 BST (UK) »
hi all,black dot sarah real name ,sarah smith was married to georgie licker.im not sure but soapy sid was
one of the harding family.sarah was my nans 1st cousin and there family were the smiths who lived down seaton road behind the gas works.

Offline needyboy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 14 July 13 22:46 BST (UK) »
My G grandfather was William Bundle Cooper and me granny was Amy Cooper was Deacons all me grannys people were stoppin around there and there is still loads of em rouwnd mitcham me G grannys brothers and sisters was Rachel,rose,abraham,thomas,britania(polly),Rebecca,alfy and Leonard(piggy) were all deacons and there were probably a few more, I am a smith as me granny was bundle and amys girl Liza Cooper and me grandfather was derby smith, does anyone remember any of these family people.............

Offline aug

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Needyboy

Notice on one of your posts your grandparents were Eliza smith nee' cooper and derby smith. would you have any photos of them? You could pass to me please? I have the book about the family think it's called Old ways and New days. Lots of photos of their children.

Aug
:)