Author Topic: Are any of these family names yours ?  (Read 32904 times)

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Are any of these family names yours ?
« Reply #27 on: Friday 30 October 09 13:14 GMT (UK) »
I can imagine that the present occupants of the former baptist church could get fed up with people knocking at their door asking if they had any Faireys at the bottom of their garden
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 30 October 09 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi David

I think they already are - there's an entryphone on the rather tall gate!   ::)

Gill

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline avrila

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 30 September 11 08:41 BST (UK) »
1st message so please forgive me if I mess up. I would like to contact the person please that posted the message about John Church wife Elizabeth Burton. Need to confirm that Johns' father was Richard Church married to Hannah Manning. Have been researching this family for ages and just found the link. I am descended from his son Albert who married Ada Mary West (in lincoln). Their daughter Ethel Harriet Elizabeth Church married Horace Hunter (in lincoln)

I have been trawling thru the census returns for the past few weeks to try and get back as far as possible on the Church side. I would like to contact any relatives to now expand the info I have.

Many thanks

Avril
CHURCH, HUNTER, WEST, ARBUCKLE, SPIERS, DAVIS, SCOTT

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 30 September 11 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Avril
John Church, who married Elizabeth Burton in Mar Q 1841 was the son of Richard Church, born 1799 in Godmanchester, and Hannah Manning.  Richard was a tailor.  There is, however, another Richard Church of about the same age, who was also born in Godmanchester.  He was a brickmaker.  If you send me a Private Message (you can do this after 3 postings) with your email address, I can send you a copy of Richard & Hannah's family in the 1841 census, living in Spaldwick, Hunts.

Incidentally, if you are a member of Genes Reunited, there are several folk there researching the Church/Manning family.

Regards
Gillg

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline avrila

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 30 September 11 10:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gillg, I shall post another message. I signed up for Genes many years ago but did not subscribe when it became chargeable. There is someone called John Church on there who sent me a posting but unfortunately cannot reply, he was asking about Albert.

As the local library has access to ancestry I have been going there to get census info.

Will send another post to carry on.

Offline avrila

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 30 September 11 10:27 BST (UK) »
Part 2

I am just finishing updating the tree with census details. Just done Mercy Fairey who was widowed at age 34. Do you know if the death of Richard Church was sep qtr 1871 or sept qtr 1878? I know he died before 1881 census, and freebmd is showing 2 deaths for a Richard.

Going to try and get all census on the rest of the family from that era so that I have a full picture. Any help would most certainly be appreciated. Thanks, Avril

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 01 October 11 13:43 BST (UK) »
Sadly because there are two Richard Churches probably born the same year in the same town it isn't possible to say which died when, unless you can get sight of a death certificate, where the informant's name might help.

Now that I have your email address, i will send you any other census information that I have about various family members.

Gillg

Offline LAD41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 09 April 13 16:45 BST (UK) »
Its a long time since the last message about the Manning/church families was posted is anyone still following the thread?
Richard & Hannah are Gt2 granparents of mine through their daughter Rebecca, sister to Rhoda, Ellen, Elizabeth Mercy & Susannah.
Would love to hera from any one with information.
LAD

Offline avrila

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 09 April 13 17:21 BST (UK) »
Still following the thread, I did a lot of research at the time but no further back as I haven't been to the area to do the research. i think Gillg is more of an expert than me, but if I can help with anything, please let me know.

Avril