Author Topic: Grandmother - Majory DOHERTY  (Read 15329 times)

Offline houndofulster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother - Majory DOHERTY
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 16 July 09 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hi  visasister,

Great to be in touch.  I take it Bernard was your great grandfather. I have  an approximate year of birth of 1877 in Saltcoats. Mary Anne was the next child according to my info as she was born 12/2/1880 also in Saltcoats. She was my grandmother so I am a generation ahead.

I live in the north of Scotland and would be happy to meet up if you near or north of the central belt. Otherwise I would be happy to send copies of any documents that you don't have.

As before I am trying to find any info linking back to Ireland

Offline visasister

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 17 July 09 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Houndofulster,Thanks for getting back in touch. Yes I am Bernard Mc Greavie's grt granddauhter and Patrick McGreavie's grt grt granddaughter. We do share the same info Mary Ann was Bernards sister, I do have a picture of Bernard ,and also have info on their other brothers and sisters.If it helps your research I have the names of Patrick McGreavie's mum and dad ( Edward McGreavie and Ann McGreavie ).He was a farmer in Ireland. I am also trying to trace which part of Ireland.I know Patrick came into Ardrossan from Ireland,so I am searching the passenger lists at present. I can't  believe we are related and would love to swap info and stories. I live in  the south of Glasgow so hopefully we could arrange to meet. Gail xxx

Offline visasister

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 21 July 09 01:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie, Just to let you know houndofulster has been in touch,and she is arranging to meet up.Hope you are well. Gail

Offline Irishwilders

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 08 November 12 23:49 GMT (UK) »
NMy father is eboy joesph wilders(toby) a showman from northern ireland.. His is called warner wilders  & great grandad eboy joesph wilders...maiden names farrell..all living in ireland if any ones no of these let me no..thanks R wilders

Offline greendoor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your information but I have Toby's father as Tobias and have not found his birth place yet.

Offline andrea james

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Doherty
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 12 September 13 23:30 BST (UK) »
Hi, i am also researching a Doherty family from scotland, i noticed that you put up a 1891 and 1901 census to which i believe is part of my family.

1891 census 12 Crown Street Glasgow
Patrick age 34 - Labourer
Margaret 32
Mary 11
James 8
Annie 6
Patrick 4
Margaret 5mths

1901 census 60 Rose Street Glasgow
Patrick Doherty  age 43 - riveter
Margaret Doherty 41
James 18
Patrick 14
Margaret 10 Michael 8

Patrick and Margaret are my Grt Grt Grandparents, i have their marriage certificate to which Margarets Maiden name was Leyden, ive been trying to find them on the census for a while so when i saw that someone had put these on here i couldnt believe my luck, any information on the chidren would be appreciated, i cant find them on the 1881 census but do know that they also had a son Matthew Doherty born 1875 in glasgow, he is my great grandfather and in 1894 married my grt grandmother in wales, is there any chance someone can send me the census that are on here so i can add to my tree :D
thanks
Andrea

Offline LastCDNSamurai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 19 August 19 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hello all,
My name is Colin and I've been researching my family tree for awhile and it seems we have some shared relatives. My 4x Great Grandparents were Bernard Docherty (or Doherty) and Bridget Devine, I've been researching their children and would love to compare notes if anyone still looks at this thread?

Offline belland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 17 November 20 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Patrick McGreavie and Marjory Docherty were my gt-grandparents.    Their daughter Helen (Nellie) , sister of Bernard and Mary Ann, was my grandmother.   Patrick and Marjory's eldest son was Edward (Ned) and he used to visit us at home until his death in 1961.

Offline Blairvadach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 22 April 21 16:27 BST (UK) »
I have been looking for information on Marjory Docherty (McGuire) for some time. this is my wife's grandmother. I have found some information if anyone is still interested. I know Greendoor was looking for information about her mother.
Glasgow Warriors
Allotment
Walking the dog.
Reading
Family History
Researching...Brockett, Muir, McLeod, Ross