Author Topic: Mexico - kind of not Mexico anymore, more utter confusion...!  (Read 6944 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico - kind of not Mexico anymore, more utter confusion...!
« Reply #27 on: Friday 06 June 08 17:21 BST (UK) »
His full name is John Edward Samuel Cook, born St Olave district 1913.

There were 2 daughters born before the marriage, one in 1947 registered as Cook and Justice and one in Dec 1/4 1943 registered as Justice but believed to be the daughter for John Cook as Sidney was away fighting in WW2.

Where would I look for a divorce in the late 40's? the latest records I can find online are only until 1935.

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 06 June 08 17:30 BST (UK) »
The only place I can think of is to write to the address I gave upthread:
Principal Registry of the Family Division, Decree Absolute Section, First Avenue House, 42-49 High Holborn, London WC1V 6NP (020 7947 7015)

and ask them to confirm if there was a divorce - I'm not sure . Case files have not survived. I tried looking in the Times which often listed divorce cases but couldn't find anything - they usually just listed surnames and the surname "Justice" makes it difficult.

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/ - if you do an exact search for the phrase  Cook, John Edward Samuel  a hit in 1992 will come up relating to his death.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 06 June 08 17:42 BST (UK) »
Good idea, I'll speak to my friend and see what she wants to do.

Justice isn't the easiest name to search for divorce wise is it?!!!!

Struggling to locate John Cook's father on the 1901 census.... and Sarah's mother!!!

Why are Cook and Smith so popular?!!!!  :)

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams