Author Topic: VACHER, All  (Read 17855 times)

Offline edwraith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: VACHER, All
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 April 05 19:50 BST (UK) »
Are you interested in Vachers' not fromn Dorset?

I have Gustave Vacher b Tours 1849 m Annie Fenton b Kirriemuir 1845.  Married at Croxdale Parish Church Durham 05/07/1871they had5 children including George Frederick Vacher b South Shields 1885 - he was my maternal grandfather - he disappeared running guns from America into Dublin - his ship was turned back to New York and that was the last anyone heard of him.  My mother Victoria Vacher was born in South Shields on 02/09/1919.

Ed Wraith
Wraith, Vacher - Durham, Ellison - West Yorkshire, Green - Sculcoates, Fenton - Forfar

Offline DebPat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 April 05 17:17 BST (UK) »
Welcome edwraith, to the my vacher project!

I notice from my records that i have two enties for your Gustave! I was wondering why?? Any ideas?
1871   Sept   Gustave   margaret Carlton or Annie Fenton?   Durham   10a 389      
1871   Sept   Gustave   Fenton,  Annie   Durham   10a 445      
 And i am assuming that these are two of the kids?!
1875   Sept   Louisa Annie      Durham   10a 469   Annie   Gustave
1879   Jun   Samuel      Durham   10a 363   Annie   Gustave

I have Pmed you with my email addy! D x

Brunton, Binnington, in Cullercoats
Paterson, Anderson in Fifeshire
Vacher, Vatchers, Vatyers, (other various spellings) , in Dorsetshire
Marchams, in Oxfordshire / Berkshire (depending on date)

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 March 09 07:25 GMT (UK) »
I have richard vacher marrying abigail barens 14/07/1689, milton abbas, dorset.
their son richard baptised 1693 milton abbas, and his daughter phoebe bap 1718 marrying richard cuff 1741
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline Irolewad

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 January 12 13:10 GMT (UK) »
There was also a daughter Ann who married Hezekiah Rose.  She appears to have been born in 1724. It was their son, also Hezekiah born in Sturminister who emigrated to Newfoundland where he died in 1839.  Ann's mother was apparently named Christen but I do not have a last name for her.  If anyone does have that detail, please let me know.

Offline Xkr

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Debpat et al, my family comes from Whitechurch, Dorset, my fathers name way Leslie Earnest George and his sisters, my Aunt, was Marjorie. Their parents were Earnst and Lucy and my great grandparents were Grace and George(?)

There were lots of Vacher's in the churchyard in Whitechurch but very sadly have been removed, without any consent of my family which made me very upstate and angry but was all too late.

Many years ago, I spent a couple of weeks searching the area and found Vachers everywhere, Bere Regis to name one and in particular Milton Abbas where I found Benjamin Vacher from about 1760 who was a warden in the Abby at that time, my eldest son is named after him!

I'm not sure where we come from originally but France was the obvious choice because of the turmoil there is the 1700's and I was told that we originally arrived at the Lizzard, Cornwall and moved directly to Milton Abbas, suggesting religious connections however I've also seen Vacher records going back to the 1600's and I also understand that Vatchery is an old English name for a 'swampy place' so there are other alternatives.

I would welcome and other information or snippets anyone may have, look forward to hearing from you.

Vacher, Dorset, Milton Abbas, Vatcher, Gloucestershire, France, Switzerland

Offline s.u.e

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hello All
I have Vacher's from Milton Abbas in Dorset, in my family tree too! Selina Ellen, (known as Ellen) came to London and the spelling changed to Veatcher.
Sue
Welcome edwraith, to the my vacher project!

I notice from my records that i have two enties for your Gustave! I was wondering why?? Any ideas?
1871   Sept   Gustave   margaret Carlton or Annie Fenton?   Durham   10a 389      
1871   Sept   Gustave   Fenton,  Annie   Durham   10a 445      
 And i am assuming that these are two of the kids?!
1875   Sept   Louisa Annie      Durham   10a 469   Annie   Gustave
1879   Jun   Samuel      Durham   10a 363   Annie   Gustave

I have Pmed you with my email addy! D x

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 28 June 12 08:59 BST (UK) »
Mary Vacher married John Gover (b1757). John was born in Milborne St Andrew but John's father came from Milton Abbas (over the hill).

Milborne St A is on the turnpike from Blandford to Dorchester.

I endorse the recommendation of http://www.opcdorset.org/. Search for Vacher and you have found 96 separate records with one or more Vachers in them. You will also have lost your next few months of spare time!
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline s.u.e

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 28 June 12 11:03 BST (UK) »
I have already found the Dorset OPC and it is an excellent site, and have managed to get back to mid 1600, although I am still stuck on 2 marriage;Thomas Vacher to Mary ? about 1789 presumable in or around Milton Abbas as all their children were baptised in Milton Abbas.

The second marriage William Vacher to Jane ? around 1650!  He was buried in Milton Abbas on 29 September 1668.
Sue

Offline DebPat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 18:06 BST (UK) »
Just an FYI to all folks looking at the Vacher/Vatcher Familys.

Please consider joining the Facebook group all about this family name (and it's variants)

The Page is called "Vacher, Vatcher Family" and is a closed group.

As a small family name, it is interesting to gather folks to exchange stories and pictures and copies of documents.

I hope to see you there.

Debbie Paterson (Granddaughter to Ivy Vacher)
Brunton, Binnington, in Cullercoats
Paterson, Anderson in Fifeshire
Vacher, Vatchers, Vatyers, (other various spellings) , in Dorsetshire
Marchams, in Oxfordshire / Berkshire (depending on date)