Author Topic: Maloney, Darcy, Conroy or Conry  (Read 3825 times)

Offline mroseann1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maloney, Darcy, Conroy or Conry
« on: Monday 29 October 07 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm looking for any info on Thomas Maloney who married Mary Conroy they had son's John born about 1873, Thomas born about 1883 and patrick born about 1887 all in Ireland. John married Honour(Norah) Darcy in 1896 in Oughterard Galway Honour's mother and father was Patrick Darcy and Kate Cochran?. John died 1925 in scotstoun Glasgow and Honour died 1917 Glasgow, moved to Glasgow in 1897 where they had 8 kids Mary born 1897, Katie born 1898, Maggie 1899, Annie 1901, Thomas 1903 John 1905 Norah 1907 and Michael born in 1910 all born in Glasgow. Michael married Flora Murray in 1930 they had 4 kid John 1931, Anne 1934, Elizabeth 1936 and Michael. Flora died in 1943 and Michael died in 1974.
Would like to hear from anyone who thinks we could be related

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Maloney,Conroy
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 November 07 15:25 GMT (UK) »
birth. JOHN MOLONEY b.13-12-1870. LETTERMORE,GALWAY, IRE.

parents.THOMAS MOLONEY & MARY CONRY.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline mroseann1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Maloney,Conroy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 November 07 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary,

It's possible that it was Mary Conry, all i have to go on is the death certificate of John Maloney and the census of1901 in Glasgow where  it has John and his family and also borders Thomas and Patrick Maloney so i can only assume that they were his brothers as they where to old to be his kids.
The information after this about John and Honour is on my granda's death certificate, i hope this is the same John.
I was only going with the census what age he would be, and a lot of info can be wrong because maybe his accent was to strong and thats what they thought he said or that's how they would spell a name

Best wishes

Roseann

Offline rianemalo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Maloney, Darcy, Conroy or Conry
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 May 10 02:35 BST (UK) »
o my godness i have good news to let you know that my great grandmother was flora murray..who later had a son john maloney who was my grandfather..he moved to canada in the late forties i believe and married katherine kelly and had six kids...(*) ...they are all in canada ...I cant believe i found this post ...to whomever posted this you have relatives in canada and by the looks of it i may be your relative ...lol ...im shocked i've fond this!@!!

(*) Moderator's Note: names of living people removed.

Offline mroseann1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Maloney, Darcy, Conroy or Conry
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm sorry to take so long to answer you but yes you are my uncle John's granddaughter xxxxx