Author Topic: Pat(t)erson Ancestors. D&G Area  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Kithnkinfinder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pat(t)erson Ancestors. D&G Area
« on: Tuesday 30 October 07 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I am searching for Pat(t)erson's connected with SW Scotland and Newton Stewart, Penninghame, Rerrick, Minnigaff, Blackcraig,Mochrum, Girvan and Dalbeatties areas specifically..
Many of my ancestors were Tailors working the textile industry in and around Newton Stewart and also working as Masons, Miners and Quarry workers.

Our Patersons married into the following example of names in the area from 1749- 1950..

Allan, Adam, McLachlan, Burns, Brown, McClure, Milroy, Heron, Chisholm, Hornel, Kelly, Robertson, Ewart, Jamieson, Welsh and Paterson

The name Paterson seems to have changed from recent times being two T Ts to the distant years when it was written with only one T..

Look forward to connecting with any that might connect in some way:-)

Happy Hunting.

Jim Patterson-Brewin
Canada..

Offline davidmilroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pat(t)erson Ancestors. D&G Area
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 July 18 00:26 BST (UK) »
I have connections between Milroy, Paterson and Kelly in my tree. Also Newton Stewart, Penninghame locations and a Paterson who was a tailor or tailor's cutter.
Wigtown:Milroy,Paterson,McClelland,Kelly/Miskelly,McPherson,Dodds,McCulloch,Stewart,Broadfoot,Donnan,Carnochan,Agnew,Blair/Blain,Jackson,Brown,McGill,Montgomery,Davidson,Donaldson
Lanark:Kay,Young,McAllister,Muir,Buchanan
Kirkcudbright:Hutchison,Robertson
Renfrew:Loudon,Harper,Miller,Anderson
Fife:Barnett,Mcdonald,Thomson,Lumsden,Wood,Pryde,Melville,Stevenson,Inglis
Moray:Sutherland,Waite
Stirling:Sharp,Grosart,Gray,Mitchell,Morison
Berwick:Craig
Ayr:Kennedy,Barclay,McKenna
Kinross:Henderson

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pat(t)erson Ancestors. D&G Area
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 July 18 02:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Jim and David,
 i am looking at making connection however tenuous it maybe.

PAT[T]ERSON
Paterson - James married Agnes Harley Elliott in Glasgow in 1902 - She haled fro Neilston , Renfrewshire.
Paterson - Jean married Thomas Naismith in 1743 in Ormiston.

McCLURE
Any McClure line that was Planted to Donegal - Ireland.
McClure - David his second marriage to Jane McCann in 1867 at Girvan.

EWART
Ewart - John Andrew Ewart McLean bc. 1825 Gatehouse Kirkcudbright.married 1850 Barrhead to Jean Harley Elliot.

Happy to chat any time.
Cheers
Jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN