Author Topic: Llanymynech Parish Records  (Read 2741 times)

Offline cheshiremog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • JACHs Jacksdale Area Culture & Heritage Group
    • View Profile
Llanymynech Parish Records
« on: Sunday 04 November 07 18:00 GMT (UK) »
I have been helping a friend with their family tree and am trying to establish the following:-

I think a Richard Griffiths b. 1789 married a Jane Hughes at or near Llanymynech about 1810 ish.  I think their first child was Evan who was bap there in  1811. Jane Hughes was not born in Shropshire.

I think Richard born 1789 was the son of John Griffiths and Anne.  Anne being born about 1761 and their first child born in 1779 (Anne).

As there are no IGI records on the LDS for marriages at Llanymynech I wondered if any one has access to the parish records for the area.

Any help would be appreciated.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
General Information relating to villages of JACKSDALE, PYE HILL & WESTWOOD Notts
Cheshire - TAYLOR, HEAPY, KNOWLES, HAMPSON, CLAYTON, STONIER, PRITCHARD, NADIN, GALLIMORE
Staffs - HEAPY
Devon - CLIFT, VITTERY, TRIST, MOLLOY, COBLEY, LEAR, GUILFOYLE, BICKFORD, EPPS, BEAZLEY, DARKE, LANG, QUANT, BLANKENSHIP
Devon & Cornwall - CLIFT, LARK
Somerset -Frome -HEAPY
Derbys/Notts- COCKAYNE, PHEASEY, KNOWLES

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llanymynech Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 November 07 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm doing a search right now  :)

I've so far found this burial in the Llanymynech records

14 May 1810 Ann Griffiths, infant d. of Richard Griffiths of Llwyntidman and Jane (formerly Hughes) d. 11 May 1810

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 November 07 00:58 GMT (UK) »
There doesn't seem to be a marriage for them in Llanymynech that I can see  :(

If Jane was not born in Shropshire, it is most likely that she would have been from one of the neighbouring parishes in Denbighshire or Montgomeryshire - but which  :-\

I do have many of the records for these parishes but it could take a lot of searching. I'll see what I can find.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline BenG

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 May 17 12:10 BST (UK) »
Sorry for reviving a (very!) old thread, but I am currently researching John and Anne Griffiths. Did you and your friend get anywhere with this?

Many thanks
Ben