Author Topic: CORBET(T)S of Northern Ireland ... I am stuck ... no parents!  (Read 4889 times)

Offline Bellejazz

• I have turned off my notifications
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
CORBET(T)S of Northern Ireland ... I am stuck ... no parents!
« on: Tuesday 06 November 07 13:51 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendant of James Corbett and I have hit a brick wall. On his death certificate his parents are listed under the dreaded term "unknown".

I have found a James Corbett on the Australian Immigration records who came here on the ship "Allan Kerr" in 1841. There is also a "David, Eliza and family" and a "John, Sarah and family" listed.

James married Ellen Folks (maiden name Croke) and their marriage was witnessed by John and Sarah Corbett which is why I am assuming David, James & John may be brothers.

I have not downloaded a death certificate for John or David Corbett as several results come up for each name and without knowing parents it is impossible to know which are the right ones.

So is anyone looking for brothers John, James and David Corbett who were born in Ireland but seemed to suddenly disappear? I'd love to hear from you. This is the only gap for that generation on that side of my tree and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks,
Belinda.
Boake Carter: Dublin Ire. - Williamstown VIC Corbet(t): Northern Ire. - Creswick VIC Croak/Croke/Croker: Kilkenny Ire. - Creswick Hob(b)el: Salzgitter Germany - Talbot VIC Mulford: London UK - Williamstown VIC Mitchell: Kildare Ire. - Lilydale VIC Orenshaw: Uttoxeter UK - Creswick Rischmuller: Gottingen Germany - Ballarat VIC Smedley: Derbyshire UK - Kilmore VIC Wassmann: Salzgitter Ward: Tipperary Ire - Creswick VIC.