Author Topic: Goldsmiths of Hellingly/Stones of Hythe  (Read 36437 times)

Offline paradise2431

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Goldsmiths of Hellingly/Stones of Hythe
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 02:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thom I was reading this page I would like to know have you gone back this far I am interested to know the rest of the family tree if you would like so share it with me I have only just found out about Thomas and Priscilla and I thought that would be as far back anyone could go. Did all the Goldsmith's on our tree come from Hailsham or Hellingly? and how far back can one go.   
Thank you Robyn
Goldsmith, Albert J Hailsham Sussex Eng
Stevens, Family Cirencester Eng
Hand, Family Monaghan Ire
Hand John Kempsey NSW Aus
Graham Isabella, Riverstone NSW Aus
Graham Family Momeen Donegal 
Lowry Donegal Ire
Hansen Karl, Norway Riverstone NSW Aus
Olsen Merte Norway
Conwell Amy, NSW Aus
Kenny, Family Tomgarney Co Clare Ire
Power, Matthew Waterford Ire
Davison, James Ire
Lovelock, James Convict Whiltshire Eng
Spokes John Convict Port Mac
Adams Robert NSW
Galloway Alexander NSW

Offline Tomscot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robyn,
              Thomas Goldsmith was born c 02/10/1757 in Herstmonceux Sussex, which is not far from Hailsham as you said he married Priscilla Green on the 04/06/1780 in Hailsham. Thomas was my Grtx4 Grandfather,that is all the information I have on them at the moment.
               My Grtx 5 George Goldsmith b 14/01/1724 in Wartling Sussex, his wife Sarah Hover b 07/02/1721 in Warbleton Sussex, were married on the 21/04/1747 in Herstmonceux Sussex, I have no dates of death as yet.James Goldsmith my Grtx6 b 26/04/1696 in Wartling Sussex,Married Elizabeth Potter/or Petter,on the 16/02/1719 in Wartling Sussex. I have no date of birth for Elizabeth as yet, she died on the 24/01/1744/1745 in Wartling.I have no date of death for James as yet.
               The last Goldsmith in my tree is Thomas my Grtx6 Grandfarther I have no date of birth, just his date of marriage which was 21/09/1693  ;Din Lewes Sussex, he married Elizabeth West who was born in c 1671 in Wartling.
               The above dates are from our family tree given to me some time a go
 so  some of the dates could be a bit out. I hope this is of help to you, when I have more information I will pass it on.
                                                            Kind Regards Thom :)
Sussex,Prodger,Goldsmith,Woods,Roberts, Pankhurst, Green,Souton,Lamper,Lower,Reeds,Turner,Hover,Bennet,Elliard,Peyt,Potter,West,Jeffrey, English,Seal, Clark,Hill,Salter, Carpenter,Blackman,Ince,Booker,Lacy,Acton,Marten,Cressey,Driver,Sowter,Young,Mitchell. Northumberland,Richardson. Northamptonshire, Lines,Pittom,Ward,Hall.Norfolk,Lake,Barnard,Spinks,Stephens,Griston,Gooch, Olley Holman.London Lake.Somerset, Rendell.Scotland, Muir, Clark,Aitken,

Offline nz_kiwis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 11 July 15 07:48 BST (UK) »
I have an Emma LUSTED born to Robert LUSTED and Catherine PERRY. Emma was baptised on 30 Aug 1801 at Heathfield, Sussex.

Does anyone have knowledge of Emma?

Brian...

Offline nz_kiwis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 11 July 15 07:58 BST (UK) »
I have an Emma LUSTED, born to Robert LUSTED and Catherine PERRY born about 1801 and babtised on 30 Aug 1801, at Heathfield, Sussex.  Whether Emma ever married I do not know.  I believe that Emma may have passed away in 1827, and that she was buried on 04 Jan, 1827 at Heathfield.

Is it possible that Emma is the same as the Emma in your post?

Brian.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Saturday 11 July 15 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome
There is a marriage for Emma Lusted to Thomas Goldsmith at Hellingly on 24th Dec 1822.   Is the burial under the name Lusted ?     That would imply that she did not marry.    I have not read this whole thread so the answers may be posted earlier!

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Saturday 11 July 15 08:12 BST (UK) »
There is a burial at Hellingly for an Emma Lusted infant on 22 Jan 1801 and another in 1835 for a child age 3 months so there were a few of them around.  The Emma Lusted who is buried at Heathfield in 1827 was age 25.

Offline nz_kiwis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Saturday 11 July 15 09:02 BST (UK) »
I know that Robert LUSTED was baptised on 27 Feb 1820 at Heathfield, Sussex, with his mother given as Emma.  Robert married Jane COLINS between Jul and Sep 1842, at Hailsham, Sussex. Robert died in 1899. Robert and Jane had eight children.

George LUSTED b. 1844 at Heathfield, m. 1873 to Jane MEPHAM, d 1907 at Uckfield.
Emma LUSTED b. 1847 at Heathfield, m. ???, d. 1919 at Uckfield.
Robert LUSTED b. 14 Oct 1849 at Heathfield, m. 26 May 1876 at Waipahi, New Zealand to Emily CODLIN, d. 1900 at Balclutha, New Zealand.
Jane LUSTED b. 1852 at Hailsham, m. 24 Dec 1871 to Alfred HAZELDEN at Mayfield, d. 1932 London.
Henry LUSTED b. 1855 atHeathfield, m. 25 Nov 1877 to Emma WILLIAMS at Brighton, d. 06 Oct 1920 at Ticehurst.
Mary Ann LUSTED b. 1859 at Heathfield, m. ???, d. 24 Aug 1893 at Wye, Kent.
Caroline LUSTED b. 1862 at Steyning, m. 1903 to ???, d. 1935 Hastings, Sussex.
William LUSTED b. 1865 at Mayfield, d. 1866 at Uckfield.

The big question is; was Robert LUSTED's (1820-1899) mother Emma, actually Emma LUSTED (1801-1827), and was Robert LUSTED illegitimate?

Brian...

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Saturday 11 July 15 14:11 BST (UK) »
It does look as if he was illegitimate as the register entry for his baptism says he is baseborn.  (horrible expression!)
Entry from Heathfield All Saints 1813 - 1846
First names     Robert    Surname     LUSTED   
Sex     s    Baptism Date     27-Feb    1820   
Mother first names     Emma    Mother surname     LUSTED   
Occupation     Pauper    Notes     Baseborn   
Parish     Heathfield    County     East Sussex 

You might find it interesting to join the Sussex Family History Group as they have a lot of online records for members only.

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday 28 February 16 13:51 GMT (UK) »
NZ Kiwis, my great grannys  brother died as a baby, they were Romany gypsies with the Roberts surname. The informant was an Edward Collins 'uncle', signed with a cross. Have you come across Roberts linked to your Collins? I have an extensive family tree but cant link the Collins. I should add that the places were the same, Hellingly and Hailsham.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).