Author Topic: Whitchurch, Bucks  (Read 20578 times)

Offline normansboy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whitchurch, Bucks
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 16 April 11 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddie. I have just noted your post on Blowfield connection my great grandmother was Ann Blowfield b1842 d1909 (her parents were Thomas Blowfield Blacksmith Whitchurch & Betsy Cook) she married William Butcher who lived in Whitchurch also for a while farmed there his parents(my greatgreat grandparents) lived at Beechmoor farm high st until John Butchers death in 1866 when it was sold to a Roads I think family and then to the Parrotts who still have the farm to this day .  Also have a family connection with the Spencer family who lived in Whitchurch, Charles Spencer married John Butchers first wife Mary Jefferys niece Mary Ann Shaw.  Regards Normansboy

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 17 April 11 01:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Normansboy, welcome to RootsChat :)

I have your Ann Blowfield on my tree, she was my Grt Grandmother Mary's sister. Mary married Charles Dwight & had my Grandmother Hilda, amongst others, but died in 1891, Charles then married their sister Emily. ;) If I can help with any info on the Blowfields I'm happy to share what I know.

Regards
Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline c_rickard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 16 December 12 22:34 GMT (UK) »
 ;)
Hi Tezz and all those researching their origins from the Whitchurch area.

My GGGGGGGGGGGreat Grandfather was Lawrence Rickard and I am now attempting to trace all his decendants.

So.if anyonecan help with this question it would be much appreciated.

William Rickard b1842 Married Mary Ann Oakley b1844 in 1869
at St Mary, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England.
Would anyone know who his parents were?

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 December 12 23:06 GMT (UK) »
According to BucksFHS St.Mary's, Aylesbury.  PR's CD.

William Rickard(a Groom), his  father is Thomas Rickard(Occ.Footman). ;)

And if you didn't know, Mary Anne Oakley....her father is William Oakley(Occ.Gardener). (Baptism  - 1 Sep 1844   Mary Anne, daughter of William & Elizabeth OAKLEY of Aylesbury, Labourer).

Plus - Baptism - 25 Dec 1870   Mary Elizabeth, born 28 Nov 1870, child of William & Mary Ann RICKARD of Granville Place, Aylesbury, Labourer. ;)

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline c_rickard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 17 December 12 04:06 GMT (UK) »
 :)Thanks Steve
One more peice of the puzzle.

Any Thomas in my records who I can identify as possible parents, had children before this William was born or after he was born. So I much appreciated adding his father "Thomas" anoher mystery to be solved and adding further mysteries to be resarched.   

That's it for tonight,
 ;)Chuck

Offline Anne_DE

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 22 October 15 11:54 BST (UK) »
I have also just joined and am looking for Kibbles. My 7 x great grandfather was Francis Kibble d 1699 who is mentioned here. His father was Ventris Kibble b Whitchurch 1601. From Francis i have traced my family history through William (b 1667 Aston Abbots), William (b 1701 Whitchurch), Richard (b 1733 Edgcott), Edward (b 1759 Edgcott), then Richard (b 1785 Marsh Gibbon). After that the family moved to Oxfordshire and hence to Warwickshire.

Someone out there must be related?

Offline Voja

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 26 February 17 11:12 GMT (UK) »
To Anne DE I think we part ways at Edward born 1759, my line is a further Edward,  then a John then a William then to Sarah Ann who was my great grandmother.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 01 March 17 14:14 GMT (UK) »
My 4x Great Grandfather was baptised in Whitchurch. William Cuper/Cupper, but was known as COOPER. 31 May 1773, son of John & Elizabeth.

He married twice in Princes Risborough: 1800(to Mary Gomm) & 1809(to Elizabeth King).  In 1800 he was described as Bachelor of Whitchurch.
Died and was buried & St Mary's, Princes Risborough, 22 Sept 1843, and was buiried 25 Sept 1843.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline TLA100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 31 December 17 07:33 GMT (UK) »
I have also just joined and am looking for Kibbles. My 7 x great grandfather was Francis Kibble d 1699 who is mentioned here. His father was Ventris Kibble b Whitchurch 1601. From Francis i have traced my family history through William (b 1667 Aston Abbots), William (b 1701 Whitchurch), Richard (b 1733 Edgcott), Edward (b 1759 Edgcott), then Richard (b 1785 Marsh Gibbon). After that the family moved to Oxfordshire and hence to Warwickshire.

Someone out there must be related?

Hi Anne,
I'm researching the Kibble family from Whitchurch too. Back to Edward Kibble (b.1704) so far. He married an Elizabeth Durley . In the following generations, Durley is often found as a forename. My line comes via Thomas Kibble (b.1813) my 4 x great grandfather. He was a bigamist, who after moving to Camberwell London, married my 4 X great grandmother under the name Thomas Thorn (Sarah Martha THORN from Pittcott, Bucks was his mother) but was caught and imprisoned for it! I am at the moment trying to piece together the earlier Kibbles from Whitchurch, as there seems so many of them.