Author Topic: Waddicor - Darwen Lancashire  (Read 2312 times)

Offline mcnulty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Waddicor - Darwen Lancashire
« on: Wednesday 29 December 04 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Info required on Waddicor family originating in Darwen. Especially Catherine Waddicor (b.1803), Nancy Waddicor (b.1822). Nancy married into Entwistle family, also from Darwen.
McNulty, Cassidy, Entwistle, Robinson, Johnson, Caunce, Crawford, Lindsay, Webster, Anderton

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Waddicor - Darwen Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 December 04 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi McNulty,

What a great name Waddicor, what do you already know about the family ? Have you found them in the Census returns yet or maybe you have some addresses for us to work with  :)

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Glenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 December 04 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm originally from Darwen and although I don't know much about the Waddicors I do know that there were LOTS of them in the 19th Century. I don't envy you trying to sort them out...but it's probably a little easier than me trying to sort out the FISH family! Look on the bright side: it's not ENTWISTLE you're looking for...now THAT would be difficult.

Anyway, have a look at

http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/print.cgi?waddicor::4.html

[nb. the above is all one long address]
which might point you in the right direction, especially the two addresses on that page.

I'm happy to do some Census lookups for you, but only if you have addresses.

Regards,

Glenn
(Bristol UK)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 December 04 10:45 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Hi McNulty

This is not actually concerning your Waddicor ancestors - but I have McNulty's from Irerland who settled in Wigan and later Darwen.

Take a peek at my website - there might be a connection

www.annieg.fsnet.co.uk

Cheers

:) :) :)
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline mcnulty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 December 04 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glenn and Sarah - have you 1861 census data for Catherine Lomax (nee Waddicor), born c.1802, living in 67 Bury Street, Darwen in 1851 (census). Also her husband, Jeffrey Lomax, b.1780. I have census data for 1841 & 1851.

Glenn - a William FISH was a witness to the marriage of the above in 1832 in St.Peters, Bolton-le-Moor.

As for Entwistles, I have loads of them as Catherine's 1st daughter (before she married Jefferey) married a Richard Entwistle in 1846. I have obtained vast majority of my Entwistle information via the Entwistle Family History Association (www.entwistlefamily.org.uk)
Godt nytar from Denmark,
Ian
McNulty, Cassidy, Entwistle, Robinson, Johnson, Caunce, Crawford, Lindsay, Webster, Anderton

Offline Glenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 April 05 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian,

This is not a website that I look at very often so apologies for the long time between your question and this response.

I have checked 67 Bury St in the 1861 Census and your LOMAXes are not living there. I have also checked quite a few folios in both directions and they are not in neighbouring streets either. Life's like that sometimes...

I have ENTWISTLE connexions myself......but I'm sure you'll understand if I say that half the world's population has probably got them too!

Cheers,

Glenn (Taylor)
Bristol & ex-Darwen