Author Topic: Ernest Seddon and William Cornwallis BATE  (Read 7936 times)

Offline memesue

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Seddon and William Cornwallis BATE
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 January 16 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beth - A cousin today sent some letters written by my grandmother - she was half sister to Alfred Alleyne Baggaley Bate  d 31/7/1861 / and Capt. William Cornwallis Bate b.11/8/ 1864 at Ollerton Hall Knutsford Cheshire d. 25/5/1935 who married Maggie 2nd day of Simmons Vernon B.C. / and Ernest Seddon Bate b.28/11/1865 / and Thomas. B. 20/12/1866. D. 9/1/1867 / and Edith Mary and Mary Elizabeth and Gertrude Isabelle who married Clude Ernest Willington Wilmot Ba MD Trinity College Dublin who had issue Gerald Cusack (as you probably know !).   William Alfred Blake their father b.19/10/1837 and d. 1/4/1899 and who lived at Ollerton Hall with graves in next village Mathall Churchyard.  He first married their mother Mary 2nd day of William Dikes of Fradley co. Stafford and after she died he remarried Jeanette Stewart dau of William Dutton Turner of Spanish Town Jamaica and had 7 more children including my grandmother Helen Trench Bate.    William Alfred Bate had the family tree drawn up and it is topped by Henry III and Edward I, and midway down with Sir John Conwallis 1604 and Sir Charles Cornwallis and then Charles Cornwallis and then Elizabeth Cornŵallis d1708 (so that is probably where William Cornwallis takes his name from).   Hope this helps - really enjoyed reading your research.

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Seddon and William Cornwallis BATE
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 31 January 16 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Good to hear from you.  I will check against my Wilmot tree later to see if it is up to date with your information.  I recognise some of what you have written.  My husband's half sister is Carilon Dene Wilmot, daughter of Gerald Cusack and my mother in law, Sheelagh.

With thanks, and best wishes, Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex