Author Topic: Rose/Ron/Shirley/Yvonne WRIGHT  (Read 2770 times)

Offline kamakaziken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Rose/Ron/Shirley/Yvonne WRIGHT
« on: Friday 31 December 04 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if anyone can help me, I am trying to trace my aunt/uncle/cousins who I believe emigrated during the late 50's/60's.

Only information I know is the family name of WRIGHT, and the Christian names of Rose(Cissy) Ron Shirley and Yvonne.

They lived (as far as I know) in Liverpool New South Wales
but following my grandparents death I lost touch with the family.

Appreciate any help or guidance in an effort to re-establish links.

Thanks.
Ken Foot 
Foot(Spitalfields)  Newing (Kent) Solomons(Spitalfields) Smith/Jarvis/Making (Lavenham Suffolk),   Heard, Ridgers, Rogers, Trevenen,(Tredeger) Van der Molen (Amsterdam) Voet (Amsterdam)

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rose/Ron/Shirley/Yvonne WRIGHT
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 January 05 01:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ken
There is an immigration record for your family on the national archives site

WRIGHT Ronald Edward born 9 November 1923; Rose Edith (nee Newing) born 1 January 1924; Shirley Marie born 20 September 1941; Yvonne Pearl born 29 May 1948; travelled per NEW AUSTRALIA departing UK on 30 January 1957 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme
Do a record search at www.naa.gov.au

I don't know what detail on immigrants is in the archives - you could check on the site to see if it is worth ordering records.

Trish

This item has an access status of 'Closed' or 'Not yet examined' and is currently not available for public access. We are unable to provide a photocopy or make a digital copy available on RecordSearch until we have examined it for possible sensitivities.

If you would like a copy of this record, you first need to submit an application for access. The item will be examined and we will let you know its new access status.

Note that we are unable to digitise certain types of material in RecordSearch. For more information read Types of information not digitised in RecordSearch or read Fact Sheet 46 - Why we refuse access.

You can apply on/line (I think, or certainly via email). Digital images are free - usually takes about 30 days to release the item and another 30 before the image is available. There is a charge for paper copies.

The Ryson index contains death notices from Sydney newspapers 1974+. There are a couple of possibilities (but no definite matches) for the older folk.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nswsdps/dpsindex.htm

There are 142 listings for Wright (with initial R) in the Sydney white pages. There are only 3 for R E - none at Liverpool - but given a choice, they probably would have moved from Western Sydney.
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/resSearch.jhtml

NSW Marriage index, sadly only goes to 1945 so tracing the daughters may be difficult.

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kamakaziken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rose/Ron/Shirley/Yvonne WRIGHT
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 January 05 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Trish thank you so much for your efforts on my behalf, hopefully I can find some info from the contacts you have given me, I really do appreciate your efforts. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks again. Ken Foot
Foot(Spitalfields)  Newing (Kent) Solomons(Spitalfields) Smith/Jarvis/Making (Lavenham Suffolk),   Heard, Ridgers, Rogers, Trevenen,(Tredeger) Van der Molen (Amsterdam) Voet (Amsterdam)