Author Topic: Heap surname  (Read 29417 times)

Offline stephen kay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Heap surname
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 05:27 BST (UK) »
with regard to the name heap,i have recently been given a family book/tree that was commisioned by charles heape and richard heape in the late 1800's at a cost of 1,780.00 pounds,the research in this is extensive,all family trees in relation to heap going as far back as robert de hep born in1170,according to this book he married cicillia de bury,anyway if there are any questions or family members back in the day feel free to contact me and i will do my best to answer,like i wrote earlier this book covers all branches and there relations,to the de bury,de radcliffe and the montbegon family;s from france.

Offline ceebee.1444

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 01 September 11 13:26 BST (UK) »
I have the document Stephen Kay mentions about the Heape family going back to Robert de Hep in 1170. If Don and gandygut are interested in it, let me know as it doesn't relate to my ancestors unfortunately.

Offline Palladium

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
I'm interested! Any Kendal (and North Lancs./Westmoreland/Cumberland) Heap's listed in your ancient document?
WESTMORLAND/LANCASHIRE
Heap, Armer, McNamara, Nelson
ESSEX/NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
Humphrey, Potton, Snow

Offline ceebee.1444

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 22 September 11 11:24 BST (UK) »
They all seems to be from Rochdale. Have a look at the family tree I have put on Ancestry and see if any of the names tie in with your interests. Robert Taylor Heape 1813-1888 is there with quite a few of the family members.

Offline Hall of Names

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 22 September 11 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi

According to our research the Heap family established themselves in Lancaster where they were seated at Failsworth and Adam Heap was Lord of the manor.  They were originally from the parish of Gueron in Bayeaux in Normandy and were a branch of the Monceux family.  Robert Heaps was forced to forfeit the lands of Hurst Monceux (spelling then) in Sussex but later they were restored to his successor, Richard Heap.  By the 16th Century they had branched to Cheshire.

Hope this helps!

Wendy Spencer, Hall of Names
http://www.hallofnames.org.uk

Offline k8ehud

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 03:04 BST (UK) »
Hi!
My grandad was Heap, he came from Clitheroe in Lancashire. I'd love to find out more about his family, he died when I was 1 and I know very little about him.

Offline dragongirl

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
 My mother was a Heapey/Heapy her parents were from Leominster. mother ---.Yarpole Hereford Father
i have Tree going back to Thomas Hepy /Heapey born the
end of1660. he married a Katherine/Catherina  at Elton Hereford 20 June 1685 He died at Richards Castle Shropshire 17th  Jan- 1717 OUR  family derives from William.
baseborn son of Martha Hepy(Heapey) in 1782 he enlisted in1800 to 1803- served 1800-1802 in Jamaica lost a leg and
invalided out as a Chelsea pensioner in 1803
He used this pension to by land in Yarpole, Hereford where the family lived right up until  my grandfather moved to
Wales and married in 1904 .His father died in Yarpole  after remarrying and having one more son.

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 August 14 15:23 BST (UK) »
with regard to the name heap,i have recently been given a family book/tree that was commisioned by charles heape and richard heape in the late 1800's at a cost of 1,780.00 pounds,the research in this is extensive,all family trees in relation to heap going as far back as robert de hep born in1170,according to this book he married cicillia de bury,anyway if there are any questions or family members back in the day feel free to contact me and i will do my best to answer,like i wrote earlier this book covers all branches and there relations,to the de bury,de radcliffe and the montbegon family;s from france.

I have a GGrandfather William Woodroofe who had a son George Ellis Heep Woodroofe born March 1841, Kensington, Middx..  The Woodroofe's had three generations of Excise Officers and I would love to know if the "Heep" listed is a surname of a friend or family member.  Are there any Woodroofe's listed in your book?  Thank you, Lookin2
Howlett, Brown, Woodroofe, Mills, Battey, Woods

Offline joboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 August 14 11:12 BST (UK) »
I arrived in Australia in 1948 and I remember a chemist shop in Ryde,about 20 odd kg from Sydney and the proprietor was Heap and he ha a north country accent.
Don't suppose it helps much but I just thought that it should be thrown in the pot.
Joe 8) 8)
Gill UK and Australia
Bell UK and Australia
Harding(e) Australia
Finch UK and Australia

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.