Author Topic: Inverary & the Dukes of Argyll  (Read 14561 times)

Offline HughMac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Inverary & the Dukes of Argyll
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 05 February 12 07:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emily

There is a death record for a Hugh Mcintyre (born 31/12/1897) in Winchester 1972. My Grand-mother Catharine married a Thomas Bartlett - their daughter (*) (still alive in Worthing, Sussex) is my mother.

I have replied to you directly with an email with more detail and given you my email address - but out of interest from your details above the names Ian and Adrian are relevant as is the year 1992??

Have fun

HughMac

Added: (*) Details of living people taken off to protect people's identity as part of RootsChat's rules.

Offline Beth Mcinytre

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Inverary & the Dukes of Argyll
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 November 19 12:09 GMT (UK) »
I realise it is a very long time since this chat happened, however, I came across it whilst researching my own family free as a surprise for my father, who is the son of John McIntyre, born on 1899 in Hollersley, son of John and Jane McIntyre, and possibly their youngest son. I have had quite good luck researching the line back to John and Catherine (nee McColloch).  If anyone is still looking at this has anyone been able to go back to the next generation beyond that?  I have also followed back the Pyper line to Alexander and Jane Pyper and then Catherine Marquis and William Pyper, all at New Deer Aberdeenshire, and William and Christina Lamb.  Has anyone looked more at that side of the family?

Emily, you mentioned having a photo of Jane and John and their children, I would LOVE to have a copy of this if possible.  Also, has anyone found out anything more about John McIntyre, b.1861 work as a game-keeper?  Such as where he worked or where he went after Suffolk/before Suffolk. I would also love to be in touch with any relatives of the children of John and Jane.  My father John McIntyre (but known as David) was born in Lymington in 1936. 

Many thanks.

Beth McIntyre