Author Topic: Have I got the correct parents?  (Read 20060 times)

Offline gilfordian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Have I got the correct parents?
« Reply #45 on: Friday 14 September 12 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Katy
I think you left 'sense of humour' off of your list!
I've sent a couple of photo's, the ones I mentioned before. Apologies for the flash but I can't find the decent copy that I made by taking the print oput of the frame. Standing L-R are Stanley Walker Jones, Alfred Isaace Jones, Annie Jones (Nee Walker), I don't know who the young man is at the right. Seated L-R is Gracie Hannah Jones (my Grandmother), not sure who is next but could be Lillian Newstead, a long tome friend of Gracie, Again not sure of the elderly lady but couod be Annies Mother (going on facial features) and not sure who the young lady is at the right. I belive this is taken at Park Road in Hunstanton, in about 1905 (ish).
The second picture is I am sure taken at Holloway Road, either Gracies home at 503 or the Holloway Pleating Co works at 491 (I suspect the former). I can only identify two people in this and they are Gracie (seated and looking at the camera) and my Dad, Keneth. I would guess this is around the late 1920's as Dad was born in 1916. It woud be wonderful if someone could identify the other three women. Note hanging on the wall is the the first picture!
In one of the previous posts mention was made of Annie Jones being Annie Mason(?) before she married. Mr Edmunds of Hunstanton suggests that it was Walker, which I would go along with as Stanleys middle name was Walker.
I've no family tree, either written on a large sheet of paper or computor prog form. I really only stumbled across this site by Googling Alfred Isaac etc and found 'my family history' ready written for me. I would though like to go to Hunstanton to see the various addresses there.
I'll have to close now but hope this is of some interest or use to you.
Regards
Dave

Offline gilfordian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 14 September 12 22:21 BST (UK) »
Katy
Sorry, but I've been trying without sucess to load the pictures but it just will not send them.
I will try again toimorrow
Dave

Offline kt4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 18 September 12 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave,
I could send you a private message with my email address and then hopefully you could send the pics. I've been going through my stuff (technical term that) and found this email from Mary Huntingford - she is on roots chat and I did email her last week but not had a reply:

Owen Jones
« Sent to: kt4u on: Tuesday 25 March 08 18:57 GMT (UK) »

I have just been 'browsing' and came across you - we have an Owen Jones born Denbigh c1806, moved to Thornham Norfolk, married Lydia Clark and had John, Richard Owen, Joseph, Robert Samuel (poss church mimister), Ebenezer Calvin, Alfred Isaac (poss blacksmith), Owen Henry (Engineer and my great grandfather) and possibly Christine who died in childbirth.  The first 3 were born in Sedgeford and the others in Thornham - just a few miles down the road.    The question is. . . . are we talking about the same Owen Jones?  We went to Norwich to County Hall and there were very few Joneses there at that time and only 2 Owens and only 1 marrying a Lydia which crops up a lot in the family.
The 'son' Owen then had 11 children, 10 girls and 1 boy - Owen Henry, his 'next in line' sister was my Granny.

What do you think? is it the same Owen?  If so it would be great to swap information
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 20:44:43 »   

well you've got much more than us!! We have Owen married Lydia Clark (parents John & Ann Clark of Lynn - Kings Lynn) on 31.1.1831. census forms for 1841 1851 1861(Alfred & Robert only) 1881, 1891 and 1901.

Then from Mum and Baptism records we have their children John bap 1834 Sedgeford,
Richard Owen b 31.5.1835 bap June 1835,
then Richard Owen again along with Joseph William bap July 8th 1838 (no record of a Richard dying and census has Richard as 3 yrs older than Joseph!! obviously done to confuse us!) both born in Sedgeford and Mum thinks Richard may have been a watchmaker,

then Robert Samuel bap 7.4.1840 Mum thinks poss church minister born Thornham,
Ebenezer Calvin bap 14.1.1844 Thornham,
Alfred Isaac 25.1.1846 Thornham Mum thought poss a blacksmith and maybe married Ann Mason (he & Robert were lodging with Mason family in 1861,
Owen Henry bap 9.1.1848 Thornham married Margaret Eastop from Glasgow (died Birmingham c1934, Margaret died 1928/9 in Belvedere) and Mum thought there was a girl Christine who died in infancy - we could find no record of this.
 I 'come from' Owen Henry, they had 10  girls and 1 boy –
their 6th child was Elizabeth Jane born 25.11.1881 at 11 Edith Street Haggerston, Married Frederick Thomas Burr on 2.3.1902,

had 5 children Mum being the youngest, and died on 15.10.1972.

Owen & Margaret had:- Margaret 1871 m Harry Burr (Grannys bro in law) 8 children Harry Alec Maggie &  ??

Amelia 1873 m Walter Griffin  1 child Walter               
 Lydia Jean 1875 m Alec Kelly had Lyddie, Maggie, Alec & Bill

Harriet A 1878 m Ted Brockman had Will, Maggie, Dolly (Edith), Robbie & Charley

Owen Henry 1880 m Ethel Blainey  adopted 3 then had 2 of their own

Elizabeth Jane (Granny) 1881 m Fred Burr had Frederick, Elizabeth Rose (Rosie), Victor,
                                                                                          Lyddie and Freda (Mum)

Alice Louise 1885 at Chiswick m George Coates  had 5  Margaret, George ?    ?    ?   Alice was booked to go on the Titanic but missed it - Luckily!!

Edith 1887 Silvertown Essex m Frank Smith  had Doris & Joan  (I don't envy them looking for Smiths and Jones!!)

Grace Joan 1890 m Alan Partridge had 1 stepson
Gertrude 14.11.1893  Erith m Gilbert Ashbee in 1914 had Tommy (15.3.14),
Winnie (11.1.16) and
Margaret (19.5.33) who died at 13. 
It is Winnie's son we are in contact with and
Ethel Oct 1897 Erith  m Jim Tappin  had David.

Someone had a Grace as Mum used to work with Auntie Gracie and cousin Gracie in the Holloway Pleating Company in Holloway Road London.
The first 6 of Owen & Margarets children were born at Haggerston.

Mum also thought that 1 of the 7 Jones Brothers (O & L's) was the Jones ot Jones and Dunn Hatmakers -  not unreasonable as Lydia was a bonnet maker (or is that clutching at straws!!)

Oh how I wish I'd payed more attention to Mum and Granny's 'ramblings' when they knew what they were talking about - Granny would have known exactly who did what, where and when.  Still we're getting there and with your bits, Maurice's bits and our bits we are at least 'getting the picture'.

Don't think it helps your personal search but hopefully will fill in some gaps, as yours has done for us.   As you've been to Kew do you live near there?  We do.

Chat later
Mary
===========
Here are my mum's ancestors...I am going to try and attach a document for you..ooh! it worked... so the document is info that I got from my family tree prog.- once you put in a few people you can get all different sorts of reports by the press of a button.

best wishes Katy

Offline gilfordian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 18 September 12 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Katy

That woud be a good idea, I think the problem is that they are to big (an d I do't know how to make them smaller!), but I know I can email them at this size.

Re Mary Huntigfords posts, the Alfred Isaac that she mentions is without doubt my great grandfather. Both he & his son Stanley were Blacksmiths in the Hunstanton area. So Owen & Lydia were my, and Marys, great great grandparents. might that be the same for you?

All for the moment
Dave

Offline kt4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 18 September 12 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave,
Well that's some more cousins to add to my Christmas Card list then!
Owen and Lydia were my great great great grandparents - funny how generations can get messed up - in ages that is - (on my dad's side) I have one cousin 70 odd and another early 20s! That would throw future researchers in a bit of a spin.
The reason I got the software was cos my dad was one of 15 and I thought it a good idea at the time - never knowing where it would lead me...
Where do you live?
My mum never met her dad and she was brought up in a childrens' home: here is a little website I made earlier about her life there.- http://www.katyc112.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
bye for now
Katy

Offline sweeneyamand

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 17 July 17 18:05 BST (UK) »
My name is Amanda and my mums partner johns grandad was richard owen henry jones.  John has no info about him as he died 6 years before john was born in 1940.  Does anyone have any pictures or info on richard ? His wife adelaide died 1918 4 years after rosa jones (johns mother was born).  Did richard remarry as he had quite a few children to look after ?
vanhear
hall
ellis
feek
wright
little
edwards
chaplin
pay
lawson

Offline kt4u

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Amanda,

Crikey, I am so sorry - I have only just seen this post -  :'( I've not been doing much research on my tree for a while now.

You were asking about Richard Owen Henry Jones...if you're still on here I'll have a look in my files and see if I have anything for him.

Huge apologies, Katy

Offline hmej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 31 March 19 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi, my mum Freda (born 1916) worked at the Holloway pleating company, her mum was Lizzie Jones
Hello Katy

That woud be a good idea, I think the problem is that they are to big (an d I do't know how to make them smaller!), but I know I can email them at this size.

Re Mary Huntigfords posts, the Alfred Isaac that she mentions is without doubt my great grandfather. Both he & his son Stanley were Blacksmiths in the Hunstanton area. So Owen & Lydia were my, and Marys, great great grandparents. might that be the same for you?

All for the moment
Dave

Offline hmej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 31 March 19 15:19 BST (UK) »
Re Owen Henry Jones family history I have quite a bit of info.
Mary