Author Topic: Melbourne Gen Cemetery CD lookup  (Read 2641 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Melbourne Gen Cemetery CD lookup
« on: Monday 03 December 07 02:56 GMT (UK) »
Would appreciate a look up on the CD of Melbourne General Cemetery: Index and Transcriptions of Monumental Inscriptions to 1989.

Looking to find a MI for Charles Harley PEERS who died on 17 Dec 1853 aged 9 at Albert Street, East Melbourne.  The cemetery opened on 1 Jun 1853 so he may have been buried there and as his family were quite 'well off' I would imagine there would be a headstone.....she says hopefully :)

Have sent a request to the cemetery but that wont tell me if there a headstone.

Cheers
cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mrmagoo460

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Melbourne Gen Cemetery CD lookup
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 December 07 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Nothing there for Charles PEERS Cando. 3 or 4 others mentioned if you're interested.

Best wishes,

Magoo
All census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Melbourne Gen Cemetery CD lookup
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 December 07 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Magoo

Cemetery have informed me that Charles is buried in common ground.

I doubt the others are mine, as my lot, with the exception of Charles Harley, are buried St Kilda and Brighton.

Cheers
cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk