Author Topic: Fulcher from Norfolk England  (Read 2067 times)

Offline ShellDeLeo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fulcher from Norfolk England
« on: Monday 03 December 07 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Shallum, son of William and Mary Fulcher, baptised 23rd February 1794

Eli, son of William and Mary Fulcher, baptised 22nd November 1795

Soloman, son of William and Mary Fulcher, baptised 25th March 1798

Ruth, daughter of William and Mary Fulcher, baptised 3rd March 1799

Zipporah?, daughter of William and Mary Fulcher (late Crick), baptised 2nd August 1801

Hephzibah, daughter of William and Mary Fulcher (late Crick), born 7th August, baptised 14th August 1803

Mary, daughter of William and Mary Fulcher (late Crick) born 6th July, baptised 21st July 1805

Salorius, son of William and Mary Fulcher (late Crick) born 13th March, baptised 22nd March 1807

Margarita, daughter of William and Mary Fulcher (late Crick) born 17th April, baptised 21st May 1809

Clarke, son of William and Mary Fulcher (late Crick) born 10th May, baptised 12th May 1811

Isaac, son of William and Mary Fulcher (late Creek) labourer of Shore Green, Winfarthing, baptised 21st March 1813

all these above christenings took place at Winfarthing Norfolk England ...some one suggested they maybe of romany descent due the unusual christian names i have no idea
any thoughts on these names i have always been curious as to these names thanks Michele

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fulcher from Norfolk England
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 December 07 18:36 GMT (UK) »
i'm not sure if they were that unusual in the years you are talking about

Hephzibah Means "my delight is in her" in Hebrew. She was a queen and the mother of Manasseh in the Old Testament

Isaac, From the Hebrew name יִצְחָק (Yitzchaq) which meant "he laughs". Isaac in the Old Testament was the son of Abraham and the father of Esau and Jacob. Famous bearers of this name include the physicist and mathematician Sir Isaac Newton and the science-fiction writer Isaac Asimov.

SHALOM  Means "peace" in Hebrew.

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline ShellDeLeo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 December 07 18:44 GMT (UK) »
thank you :)

Offline pinkgrass

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 February 09 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Howzitt

I have just found Jesse Fulcher married Emma Fulcher  one of their daughters in Kate Fulcher
Diss Norfolk

Any ideas on the maiden name for Emma Fulcher
Thanks
Sara