Author Topic: Tamlaght Finlagan and Farloe lookup help Please  (Read 5059 times)

Offline L L

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tamlaght Finlagan and Farloe lookup help Please
« on: Tuesday 04 December 07 05:29 GMT (UK) »
If anyone can help with record lookups for any of the following I would really appreciate it.  Death, marriage, tombstone information or just about anything from Tamlaght Finlagan or Farloe that may shed some light would really help.

Thomas Lighton(Leighton) abt 1792 in Ireland married Elizabeth Wark abt 1793 Ireland. They had three Children in Ireland:
Jean abt 1822
Mary abt 14 Apr 1823
Joseph abt 9 Feb 1828.

After this they then show up in the Scottish Census and have two more children:
Elizabeth abt 1832
Thomas abt 1836

I have found the Baptism records for Mary : Baptismal Register of Tamlaght Finlagan Church of Ireland Church, Ballykelly, County Londonderry

Baptised: 14 April 1823
Mary daughter of Thomas Lighton and Elizabeth Wark his wife of Farloe

and Joseph:
Baptised: 9 February 1828 in Tamlaght Finlagan Church of Ireland Church
Joseph son of Thomas Lighton and Elizabeth his wife Tombkin (was this name an error or another wife?) of Farloe

Nothing for Jean and no marriage Cert. found.  Both Thomas and Elizabeth have death Certs in Scotland which show Thomas is the son of Thomas Leighton and Jane Ferguson. Elizabeth is the daughter of Henry Wark and Elizabeth Kid.

I have found nothing for them and am worried that they moved to Tamlaght Finlagan just long enough to have two children. I have no idea where they could have come from or where their parents came from. Any help would be appreciated.