Author Topic: Joseph Moore, Edward Dudley, Eleanor Lockington  (Read 6215 times)

Offline madgie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Moore, Edward Dudley, Eleanor Lockington
« on: Monday 10 December 07 10:22 GMT (UK) »
 :)
Am looking for the baptism/parentage of JOSEPH MOORE, born 1749 - he claims in Aldwinckle, but no trace of a baptism there. Died 1832 Aldwinckle, where he lived certainly for all his adult life. Married Sarah Dudley 9 Dec 1793 Aldwinckle All Saints. They were my 3rd greatgrandparents. He previously married Ann Weed 1 June 1775, Aldwinckle St Peters, and Martha Whitney 8 April 1782, Aldwinckle.  MAY have been a Baptist.

Also: have Sarah Dudley's parents, but none of her grandparents. Her parents were Edward Dudley 1735 Thrapston district Northants - 1807 Thrapston district, and Eleanor Lockington bp 10 March 1736/7 - 1783 Thrapston district. They married 15 March 1762 Thrapston district. Can find no trace of either of their parents. Would greatly appreciate any help with any of the above, as have been searching fruitlessly for quite some years! :) :)
Casanova, Giannoulakis (Chios); Georgiades, Nicolaides (Cyprus); Newsome, Allen, Booth, Parkinson, Williamson, Anderson, Darley (Yorkshire/Lincolnshire); James, Barwell, Moore, Platt, Barrett (Northants/Hunts); Newman, Lovell, Cole, Cousins (Hunts/Northants).

Offline aarpee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Moore, Edward Dudley, Eleanor Lockington
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 October 10 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have some info which may interest you
I too am related to Joseph Moore (GGGGGrandfather) I take the Isaac Moore bn 1807 route via Worksop and Shipley
Joseph's father was Joseph Moore bn 1715 Rushton, NH and marr Sarah Neale from Stanwick
His Father was a Francis Moore bn 1681 Long Buckby marr Dorothy Cox
His Father was William Moore bn 1650 and marr Margaret ?

I do have a family tree of William if you want one? Let me know.

Proctor/Rawdon Idle, Moore/Aldwinkle, Whittingham/Draughton, Lund/Carlton Simpson/Knaresborough, Mawson/Idle Ramsden/Shipley
Dachtler/London, Moult/Hazel Grove, Mottershead/Poynton, Green, Byrne and Haynes/London