Author Topic: Edith Royle Chadwick : 1891 and 1901  (Read 29134 times)

Offline annecybracken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edith Royle Chadwick : 1891 and 1901
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 19 February 17 13:22 GMT (UK) »
I just came across your posts about the Chadwick family and their ancestors. I realise they were written a while ago now.
My grandmother was Iris Victoria Chadwick (who died in 2001, aged 104!). I would love to see the photo of Alice Warriner (Hampson) and her children and father if anyone would be able to send me a copy.
many thanks!

Offline eg1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 08 April 17 17:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Annecy, saw your post just now. What a surprise to hear that my great-aunt Iris lived that long! I always thought her sister(my grandmother) Edith Royle, outlived her sisters! She died at the respectable age of 97! I am happy to oblige in sending you the photo you mentioned. Please give me your email adress (in private mode or so?) and I'll sent it forthwith! If you're interested, I'll have a lot of additional information concerning the "Chadwick sisters"http: :)
Eg

Offline annecybracken

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 08 April 17 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi eg1,

Lovely to hear back from you! I need to have three posts before I can send you a personal message, so I’ll add some more information to the forum in another post shortly.

Offline annecybracken

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 09 April 17 11:45 BST (UK) »
I'm interested in finding out about either of the Chadwick family parents' histories.

Searching on the web for documents, I found an Alice Hampson marrying James Heiffor in 1867, the year after James Hampson died, and having a son Edmund (Edmund Lewes Warrinse - or maybe Warriner?) in 1871. I also found a record of Alice Hampson being admitted to Prestwich Asylum in 1884. The son Edmund seems to have died aged 4 in 1875 and James Heiffor to have remarried in 1878. Alice Hampson died in the asylum in 1884. I wonder if anyone has information to indicate whether these are the same Alice Hampson, or whether these are records for someone with the same name?

My own memories of the Chadwick family are of visits as a child in the 1960s and 70s in the summer holidays, while staying with my grandmother (Iris) to 23 Range Road, where Viv and Mona and Betty still lived.

Offline Jaddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 05:31 GMT (UK) »
I'm interested in finding out about either of the Chadwick family parents' histories.

Searching on the web for documents, I found an Alice Hampson marrying James Heiffor in 1867, the year after James Hampson died, and having a son Edmund (Edmund Lewes Warrinse - or maybe Warriner?) in 1871. I also found a record of Alice Hampson being admitted to Prestwich Asylum in 1884. The son Edmund seems to have died aged 4 in 1875 and James Heiffor to have remarried in 1878. Alice Hampson died in the asylum in 1884. I wonder if anyone has information to indicate whether these are the same Alice Hampson, or whether these are records for someone with the same name?

My own memories of the Chadwick family are of visits as a child in the 1960s and 70s in the summer holidays, while staying with my grandmother (Iris) to 23 Range Road, where Viv and Mona and Betty still lived.

BMD index shows Alice Heiffor died in 1875, age 39; Registry: Chorlton [now South Manchester] 8c 590