Author Topic: DOWZARD  (Read 23099 times)

Offline Dubzard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DOWZARD
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 13 April 19 20:54 BST (UK) »
I have their marriage certificate from 1897

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 14 April 19 10:36 BST (UK) »

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Dubzard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 14 April 19 16:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks this is the one posted at 15.28

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 14 April 19 16:48 BST (UK) »

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 14 April 19 17:09 BST (UK) »

DOWZARD, Miss Frances  died  25 Oct 1922  at The Stewart Institution, Palmerston  Burial  Kiltegan       ACCOUNT FOR FUNERAL TO      Chas. Pender Esq, Ulster Bank Ltd, Belfast

DOWZARD, Edward died12 Jan 1921   65 yrs    25, Newbridge Avenue, Sandymount                           Bur: DeansGrange Cemetery   ACCOUNT FOR FUNERAL TO      Mr. S. G. Slator 2, Fitzwilliam Tce, Rathmines

In Memory | of | MARY ANNE | beloved wife of | EDWARD DOWZARD | died Dec 19 1909 | aged 54
years | also the above | EDWARD DOWZARD | died Jan 12 1921 aged 65 | Captain EDWARD DOWZARD |Straits Steamship Co. | youngest son of the above | died and interred at Singapore | January 271942 aged 55 | also GERTRUDE MARGARET | younger daughter of the above | MARY and EDWARD DOWZARD| died 23rd November 1970.

Erected by | JOHN FERGUSON | in Memory of his beloved wife | MARY ANNE | who departed this life
| March 6 1889, aged 67 years | also the above | JOHN FERGUSON | who died Sep. 4 1893 aged 76 |also their grandsons | JOHN F. DOWZARD | died Dec. 20 1898 aged 16½ yrs. | GEORGE DOWZARD |died Jan. 15 1909 aged 28 yrs.

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/dublin/photos/tombstones/1headstones/deansgrange-s02.txt
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Wevie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 23 August 21 15:08 BST (UK) »
Hello fellow Dowzard researchers!  I'm not new to genealogy research, but I AM new to RootsChat! I came across this post, and I'd love to connect with others researching this family. My ancestor is William Dowzard, born about 1820 in Ireland, was a cabdriver in Toronto, Canada by 1857, died there in 1867. I have no information about his parents, but I wonder if my William might be a brother to Edward Dowzard "senior" of Dublin, 1819-1889, who was a Hall Porter for the Bank of Ireland?  I hope to hear from others on this thread! :) Wevie

Offline jimbo09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Frederick Hurley - Great Grandfather-in-Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 08 April 22 14:31 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat
Going that far back, much of my knowledge comes from the other contributors here.
Edward Dowzer b1819, d1889, had a grandfather and great-grandfather both called William, which may signify a connection to your William. Keeping the same forename in the family is a trait. There are many many Edwards!
I have Edward (1819) with a brother George (of Kilavaney), who was the father of  the Edward Dowzard (b1856 and a policeman) who married Mary Anne Ferguson. Their names can be found on monument inscriptions, but I have no source listed for the connection of the brothers Edward and George.
Not at all impossible that there was another brother.
Dowzard, Hurley, Johnston, Cleland, Sillery, Hanbury, Sparrow, Parker, Hall