Author Topic: Jacques from Skipton  (Read 1715 times)

Offline rima

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Jacques from Skipton
« on: Sunday 02 January 05 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Jacques family .. Aysgarth,Kettlewell,Hubberholme,Glass Houghton & finally Skipton.Known to have lived in the above.James Jacques ..Father also son by that name.
Esther,Jane ,Mgt.Alice & John Amos Jacques.All found in Skipton in 1881 census and some on 1891 census.Looking for Esther and descendants also John Amos and descendants.John Amos may have went to Bradford and married 1901.Pleased to have any info .

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jacques from Skipton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 January 05 09:44 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage for an Esther Jacques in Skipton in the September quarter of 1901. Vol9a Page 62.

Husband would either be Herbert Bradley or Joseph Stell.

and there is a marriage of John Amos Jacques in Bradford in 1900, September quarter, vol 9b page 161.

Wife would either be Emma Louisa Laidlow or Mary Lambert Maude.

I think the entry is incorrect for wife, I looked on the 1901 and John is a barman in Northumberland and his wife is Maud, so I  presume the entry should be Maud Mary Lambert.

Hope this may help you.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 14:14 GMT (UK) »
1901 census    Skipton
RG13/4032 fol 101 p39

Jane E Jacques   H    37    Kettlewell, Yorks
Esther      "        sis   31    Aysgarth, yorks
Margaret  "         "     26   Pontefract, Yorks

here is Esther living with her sisters in Skipton at the beginning of 1901
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline rima

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 22:10 BST (UK) »
John Amos Jacques's marriage in Bradford sounds the most positive lead yet.Would anyone have a census showing his
residence assuming he lived in Bradford at the time.
I know what happened to Margaret alice, but don't know if Esther had any offspring.
Thanks to the replies so far.
Have only just caught up with info.