Author Topic: McAngus, McKenzie & Tarrel, Hilton of Cadboll  (Read 36618 times)

Offline Anne Clement

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McAngus, McKenzie & Tarrel, Hilton of Cadboll
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 26 April 15 04:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Walter, Tom's sister Anne here.  You are right that the red brick gate is 2 King street, Hilton.  That door is now a window as renovations have been done.   It is no longer the way I remember It.  I do remember your name though.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GDub71

• RootsChat Member
  • Miaow¬
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 26 April 15 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,

Sorry to hear about Tom. I used to have long chats on Skype with him about the family and the old days. He was really proud of his roots.

Graham
Banffshire - WILSON, RIACH, CALDER, MUIRY, PETERKIN, CRAIB, OGG, CRUICKSHANK, FARQUHAR, COPLAND, HAY, SHAW, HIND, STRATHDEE, MORRISON, WISEMAN, MOIR, MILNE, SHEPHERD, BLACK, BRUCE, RAMSAY, PEARSON, MCPHERSON, SHEED, MCANDIE
Morayshire - MAVER, RAMSAY, PHINN, SIMPSON
Aberdeenshire - MCINTOSH, GILLAN
Kincardineshire - DUTHIE
Ross-shire - MCANGUS, MCKENZIE, TARRELL,
Inverness-shire - MACKAY, FERGUSON, MACCUISH, BEATON, GILLIES, MACDONALD, MACVICAR, MACDIARMID
Louth - KIERAN, KANE, ENGLISHBY, FEGAN

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Tomek Alexander

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 01 May 15 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, just found this thread, I'm I right in thinking that Alex McAngus would be the cousin of my father William Southerland McAngus Alexander who's mother was formaly Isabella Mcangus, she had a brother called Alexander McAngus and a Father called Alexander also ?

Offline matt2468

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 20 October 17 10:54 BST (UK) »
My grandmother is Eleanor McAngus, her sisters were Violet & Dorris; Dorris worked at the Fearn Post Office for most of her life it seems. Their dad & granddad were both Alexander - makes life difficult searching family history with all these Alexanders floating about!