Author Topic: ruddington  (Read 11668 times)

Offline Famille Ricard

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Albert Edward Knight
    • View Profile
Re: ruddington
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 08 March 08 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Dear Danone,

I live in France and I am going to visit my Grandfather who lives in Ruddington, last week of February 2008. I will be going to the grave yard to see the burial place of my Auntie.
Who are you looking for ?

Here are my photos of Ruddington, taken 1st March 2008. I had no time to check the grave yard due to familly get-together.

I have found "Back Street" now called Woodley Street.
Atkinson (Northallerton, Yorkshire)<br />Bloxham (Warwickshire, Northamptonshire)<br />Burchell (St Luke, London)<br />Bushell (St Luke, London)<br />Frost (Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire - Coxbench, Derbyshire)<br />Hatcher (East Knoyle, Wiltshire - Bristol, Gloucestershire)<br />Holehouse (Derby, Derbyshire)<br />Hopcroft (Hobcroft) (Oxfordshire - Basford, Nottinghamshire)<br />Knight (Nottinghamshire)<br />Tibbert (Northamptonshire)

Offline Famille Ricard

• RootsChat Member
  • Albert Edward Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 08 March 08 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Knitter's Museum
Atkinson (Northallerton, Yorkshire)<br />Bloxham (Warwickshire, Northamptonshire)<br />Burchell (St Luke, London)<br />Bushell (St Luke, London)<br />Frost (Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire - Coxbench, Derbyshire)<br />Hatcher (East Knoyle, Wiltshire - Bristol, Gloucestershire)<br />Holehouse (Derby, Derbyshire)<br />Hopcroft (Hobcroft) (Oxfordshire - Basford, Nottinghamshire)<br />Knight (Nottinghamshire)<br />Tibbert (Northamptonshire)

Offline Famille Ricard

• RootsChat Member
  • Albert Edward Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 March 08 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Woodley Street

Offline Famille Ricard

• RootsChat Member
  • Albert Edward Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 08 March 08 00:45 GMT (UK) »
1st March 2008
Woodley House (situated in the corner of the street) is behind me.

Offline Famille Ricard

• RootsChat Member
  • Albert Edward Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 08 March 08 00:45 GMT (UK) »
1st March 2008
Woodley House

Offline Famille Ricard

• RootsChat Member
  • Albert Edward Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 08 March 08 00:46 GMT (UK) »
1st March 2008
Woodley House (situated in the corner of the street) is behind me.
This is Back street, renamed as the continuation of Woodley Street. The house of the Page familly was somewhere on the right of this photo, now new houses.

Offline Famille Ricard

• RootsChat Member
  • Albert Edward Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 08 March 08 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Woodley House (situated in the up left corner of the street)
This bottom left corner just leads to a dead end.

Offline Mosh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 06 June 08 22:28 BST (UK) »
I am researching my family tree and have found that a lot of my ancestors lived and worked at Ruddington.

My family name is Stubbs and I would greatly appreciate any information on the family graves,newspaper cuttings, surviving members etc.

Best wishes

Mosh

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 07 June 08 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Mosh,

My gggg grandmother Catherine Truman married on 6/10/1778 a William Stubbs of Ruddington. He was reputedly slightly younger than Catherine and so born about 1755. After his marriage he farmed in Normanton-on-Soar where his wife's family came from. I'm afraid we know nothing more about him, the information comes from Catherine's side of the family and it simply states that she married a "William Stubbs of Ruddington"

Brie