Author Topic: WWII RAAF airman - Frank H REDFORD  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Martin Briscoe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • J W L BRISCOE 72nd Highlanders
    • View Profile
WWII RAAF airman - Frank H REDFORD
« on: Thursday 27 December 07 09:52 GMT (UK) »
This was sent out to people taking part in the Australian War Graves Photographic Archive.  I thought i would post here to see if anyone has any ideas or can trace any information o  the pilot.  I have the EMail address of the person who sent out the message, Frank Emery.

Martin Briscoe

Hello All,

Happy new year.
Can you help me?
I prepared a ceremony, next May, to pay homage to some airmen hidden in a french Maquis by French Resistance. One of them was Australian.
Since some time I try to find his family. Can you help me?
Frank H. REDFORD was airman in the 463rd Squadron of RAAF. His plane is crash in the night 10/11 June 1944.
Franck is born in England, 21 february 1921 in Southampton. After the war he live in Australia, in Maylands. If my informations are good, he is dead now. After the war he have a children, boy or girl?, with the surname of Michel.
Thank you for your help to find this family.
So later and very sincerely.

Jacky from France
BRISCOE - Bolton, Heaton Norris, Rochdale, Oldham, Chadderton, Blackburn
POUNDER - Middleton Tyas, Kirkbymoorside, Stokesley, Lambeth, Bolton, Newcastle on Tyne, Leeds
HAMMOND - Quebec, Laverton, Masham, Grantley
SWALES - Laverton, Masham
O'Shea - Quebec
PARRY - Caerhun, Deiniolen, ClwtyBont, Brynrefail, TalySarn, Brynrefail, Bethesda
EVANS - Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan, Maesmynis, Dowlais, Stockton on Tees, Hartlepool, Trealaw
HARVEY - Trentham, Sheriffhales, Llanfyllin, Llanferres, Minera

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
Re: WWII RAAF airman - Frank H REDFORD
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 December 07 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Martin as Frank Redford may still be alive I will pm you with something that I have found about him.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline grub

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Xander
    • View Profile
Re: WWII RAAF airman - Frank H REDFORD
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 December 07 14:29 GMT (UK) »
I'm locking this post in the event that this may refer to living people.
Please respond to it via PM.
Bayley, Dorset, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cheshire and others.
Antrobus, Somerset/Glouster
Skelton, Heslington, Yorkshire
James, Norfolk, and London
Delasalle, London area
Gravett/Grevet, Surrey
Also searching the above in Australia

“Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk